JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As in every defensive shooting I've heard about, the police confiscated his gun for their investigation. This is my top reason for having a backup gun. Right after shooting a druggie, gangster, etc is when I most want to be armed in case his friends or family come looking for me.

I don't know what country we should be compared to for accuracy's sake but Scott does bring up an interesting point.
Yeah, it's an interesting point - for another thread.

There are armed low-crime countries (e.g. Switzerland), armed high-crime countries (USA), unarmed low-crime countries (Japan), and unarmed high-crime countries (Mexico).

Let me fix this for you:

There are armed low-crime countries (e.g. Switzerland), armed high-crime countries (USA), unarmed low-crime countries (Japan), and unarmed high-crime countries (Mexico, Great Britain, Australia and Canada).

Perhaps you don't realize that the true crime rate in Britain, Australia and Canada is higher than the US? They all use a different reporting system than the US. In the US it is considered 10 crimes if there are 10 break ins in one apartment building, in Great Britain it's reported as one crime because they assume they were done by one person.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Most armed country on the planet, most people incarcerated on the planet, may or may not have the highest murder rate, in the top 10 or so for neonatal death, not in the top 25 for least expensive health care. Sounds a lot like a 3rd world country.

Neonatal death rate comparisons are meaningless: other countries don't count premies as a live birth, or other babies who die within a few hours of birth. They only count natal mortality in terms of babies who were born at term, and lived for a minimum amount of time. We count still-borns and all within our neo-natal mortality rate. Immigrants with poor pre-natal care also make up a siginifcant portion of our natal morttality rate, as with many other healthcare issues. The stats are meaningless without context. I'd go so far as to say their stats are deliberate lies.

We don't have anywhere NEAR the highest murder rate. I don't know how people can even say that with a straight face, compared to Africa, the middle east, and Latin America. Compared to other civilized nations, we have a higher murder rate. We ALSO have the highest diversity of any of them. The murder rates correlate well with the level of diversity. This is NOT to blame it all om immigrants, but there is a great deal of evidence that diverse, unassimmilated populations increase the crime rate, particular in interpersonal violence. In several areas of our country, black communities still count as "unassimilated", unfortunately. In other western countries where diversity and immigrant populations are on the rise, so is crime: The UK, France, and Scandinavian countries being prime examples.

And state-sanctioned violence doesn't get counted in murder rates either: if you look at how many people were killed in Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Tibet, Korea (North and South), Malaysia, Indonesia, etc by their own governmnets over the last century, that changes the picture too. A lot of that being along ethnic or religious lines too.

If you ever read Copper's blog, you'd realize that reporting crime in the UK has its own insane rules designed more to manage public perception than to manage police work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top