JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,
Was wondering if anybody knows of a good place to shoot up behind warren, or st helens? Perhaps blm land, I live up near the fair grounds, I hear shooting going on all the time...not sure if its on private land though. I have been to dutch canyon out of scappoose, but I know there must be someplace closer. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually the guys "place to shoot" was off of pittsburgh rd. Some gravel pit..i never actually went. Dutch canyon was actually closer. It seems every place is about 20 mins away. Most of the shots i hear must be on private property. I'm outside city limits, but only on an acre makes shooting challenging. .lol
Good luck!

I've only lived here about 4 years. I'll have to go in search of the gravel pit. I've been pretty far up Pittsburg, but don't recall a place like that. Thanks for the tip. Maybe he'll provide a bit more detail to make it easier to find.

Yea it is in fact a gravel pit and most call it the "bowl" it was shut down about 3 months ago(crazy I know) but there are defiantly other places near there that are still open. Pm me and I can give you details.

I have lived here for around 12 years, and I still don't know of a place to shoot. I hear shooting all of the time, and my brother and I have driven all around to find it, but it is a mystery.

I don't mean single shots either, it sounds like there is a gun range somewhere.

I have been hesitant to just go up in the hills, and start shooting. I have heard that Weyerhaeuser owns much of the land up there, and they don't take kindly to shooting.

If you're hearing the sounds of gun range type gun fire, you're hearing cops shooting up at Knife River. The company lets them train up there.... Saint Helens PD, Scappoose, FBI, county, state.

Speaking of which... does the "new" range out by Dyno ever actually get used?

LE-only range on the left, going north (west) on 30. Nice dugout facility... Was supposed to have open public days, but after it was built the FBI nixed that somehow. Been. Long time, don't remember the full story... I'm not sure if the range is ever actually used anymore.

The only thing I've seen there recently is that NW Armory was hosting a shoot out there last summer. There has been no talk of a range in that area nor will there be, only thing close in this area is that the elks lodge is trying to buy out a piece of property from a member (or donated) and set one up for the public and give bonuses to members and their family :D. The other place i was inquiring about is about 6-7 miles up on the right near the marsh before the old power plant that's used for LEO training. Everything else I've heard is from rainier gun club or a few local spots ... some i wont give out unless i know well enough ;). IF there really was one I've never heard of it but would love to see it up and running!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top