Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A Place to Hunt

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by BuckShot1118, Sep 27, 2012.

1. BuckShot1118

BuckShot1118 Scio Or New Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find some private land to hunt in or near the Willamette Valley?

2. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

This question should have been asked this spring - I dont know your circumstances but the likely hood someone is going to give you there hunting spot away less than 48 hours from opening day of deer season is pretty thin or you met a saint.

Good luck.

James Ruby

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Good luck with that. ALL the timber companies have closed off ALL of the timber lands here in Columbia County because of the fire danger. I imagine it's not any different anywhere close by. You might have some luck near the coast. State lands are still open but with fire restrictions in place.

Tacticool22 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

I wish you all a good hunt I imagine that we are doing nothing more than armed camping but it will be at least getting away for a few days. I think this year between hunting spike only general season hunt and this deer season the only thing I will be getting is a little relaxation. Any how good luck all.

James Ruby

5. BuckShot1118

BuckShot1118 Scio Or New Member

Anyone know of good areas in the willamtte valley i can hunt nutria just for fun? Dont know many farmers...Albany, Jefferson area

6. Tacticool22

Tacticool22 Springfield, Or-a-gun Member

You have to have your fur takers permit for some stupid reason. Good luck shooting the buggers. I know where bunches are to trap, but I don't have my permit this year.