JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I learned to shoot with the M1 Garand in Basic Training - 1960. Around 2001 I got interested in getting a M1 Garand. Search as I may, I never found one that wasn't beat. So...I ended up buying a Springfield M1A. It originally had the standard Walnut stock. I've shot it in local matches over the years.

Then about two years ago (2008) I happened across a M1 Garand on Gunbroker that a pawn shop in Lewiston, ID had up for bid.

It was advertised as being built in 1943 and was all original Springfield parts except for the barrel and stock. I bid on it and got it.

When I picked it up, I was told the guy that had it before me traded it in on some kind of EBR. However, prior to trading it in, the guy, had sent the rifle to Fulton Armory for a complete rebuild. FA reparked all the parts, installed a new barrel and the laminated stock.

The real bonus is that not only was the original rifle made in 1943 - the year I was born - but, the serial number is just a couple days off from my actual birthdate...ending in 1943. It just doesn't get any better than that for me. And...it shoots real nice.

So...I liked the laminated stock so much, I started looking around to see if someone made one for the M1A. It turned out that Boyds make a laminated stock for it. However, they only make a build run when there is a large number of backorders, so I had to wait almost two years for them to make a production run.

Anyway, finally got the stock and metal and changed over the internals to the new stock last week. I took it to the local range here Saturday...and it did draw a crowd of folks. And, it does shoot nice also.

I'm a happy camper with this pair.

:)

Damn, that's a nice one!

wolf2.jpg

cratebuilder want.