JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I added a log of my latest adventure on another thread so I'll C&P it here since it happened during the new season...:D

Well let's set the tone for Tuesday's fishing trip on the Chehalis river.
Let's just say that it was quite the adventure with the forecast of rain & a little wind...

My one armed fishing buddy JC (he's got two but one just dont work very well) & I arrived at the ramp as always (about 7 am), there was a slight drizzle present so we launched the fish killer (FK, for future reference). As the FK slid off the trailer the raindrops started getting a little bigger, larger & then someone gutted the heavens!!!!! Good Lawdy it was a torrent made of sheets of sideways rain!!!!
Ole JC opted to wait and don his raingear on the boat.... big mistake for a country boy born & raised in McCleary Warshington... WTH was he thinking? (clearly he weren't) He crawled onto the bow as I was backing away from the ramp & exclaimed loudly, "well do ya think it's gonna rain"? He was wetter than a mad hen....
Did I mention that with the rain came with 40 MPH gusts? Well let me tell ya that it was a ripping incoming tide with a constant Westwind and we were trolling about 10 MPH goin upriver!!!!
Well, while JC was trying to keep the FK from swirling in a circle & bumpin off the banks, I feverishly readied the trolling gear. I opted to use hardware for the day as the herring would not have lasted 30 seconds in this current. Kinda like trollin fer TUNA!!!

AS I finished setting the rods in the holders I came inside the cabin to show JC how he should have been anticipating the gusts & turning appropriately instead of piloting like a crew of drunk sailors, a gust turned the FK sideways!!!!! I laughed & said let this be a lesson....:p:p:p

Well let me tell ya that this adventure taughtme two things, never let a one armed man pilot yer FK in a natural disaster and try & remember the dry trips when it don't matter that your raingear should have been replacedbefore the rainy season.... I was wetter thanJC's mad hen....:p:p:p And we had neery abite & the seals were also quite wet.............:eek::eek::eek:o_O

I figured I'd explain the "wetter than a mad hen" comment before all y'all start posting; WTH, say what & the like. Well it references a saying an eon ago down south, madder than a wet hen (a play on words)..... It seemed fitting as we were really really wet....:D:D:D

That's funny, I'm laughing just imagining JC sopping wet and cussing up a storm the whole time.
Did he at least keep his cigarettes dry?

Ray

I've seen you write about getting down here to Merwin and/or Yale for kokanee I think? If so I might like to meet up some time next spring if that water is ever on you schedule. I run a boat pretty good and know how to back a truck/trailer.

As far as that back, shoulder and neck crap goes I've been dealing with that for probably 5-6 yrs now. I've been drinking this nasty tasting turmeric and "Curcumin" (black pepper extract) elixir before bed. It's made one hell of a difference in those aches and pains. You know, the ones the doctor tells you are because you're getting old? Arthritic? "Synchro Gold" Synchro Gold Liposomal Turmeric
I wouldn't have bought into crap like this but one of my customers with chronic pain issues gave me a half a bottle and said "YOU HAVE TO TRY IT". The stuff has mad a HUGE difference for me. Like night and day. That and cortisone shots in the knee and shoulder joint.

I will make trips to Merwin & maybe even Drano this spring. It is about a 2+ hour drive for me so I will bring my camper down to cut my costs.
It's always good to have an old hand in the boat & someone to back the trailer down when done for the day.;)

I'll check into that Synchro Gold, thanks for that.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top