JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lastnight I was killing some time doing some reloading for my .243 win. As i'm sitting there my 13 yr old son came over and asked if I would show him how it's done. I showed and explained, step by step the process and told him of the importance of being sure of what your doing then let him have a go at it (supervised of course). I must say I was very impressed at the way he went about it, very meticoulous and his attention to detail was/is outstanding ! After loading 20 rnds by himself he wanted to keep going ! "Dad I could sit here for hours doing this!" and another reloader is born ! , lol.......... :s0155:

Now you just need to get him to sort brass, ream primer pockets, and trim brass ;)

I think I was about 12-13 when I started reloading. I unfortunately didn't have anyone to teach me, just a book, a lee reloader press, a set of RCBS dies, and a scale.

Better than playing video games, like a lot of 13 year olds would be doing. He is actually learning a skill, that produces a product. Great job!!!

Ya I think I was about 11 or 12 when I first sat down with my dad and he learned me how.. The funny think was I dont remember him reloading before we went shooting.. it was always me and I quote " If you want to go shooting, you need to load some rounds up!" and there it is..

Yeah I'm very proud of him, he loves to shoot & is turning in to one heck of a fisherman also ! I take him fishing whenever I can, when it's time to leave it's always " Just one more cast dad , please ?! just one more !" an hour later we're still there ! I can't say no to him lol, He loves being outdoors. He's not much into video games at all. I told him someday all my reloading stuff & fishing gear will be his, he might as well learn how to use it. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top