JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last weekend I picked up an M1 Carbine. It's a good gun, almost totally complete except the barrel band screw was missing. I did a little searching and found a guy on E-Bay who is overseas and has a bunch of NOS barrel band screws, so I ordered one. It's the right screw, parkerized, etc...

After I ordered it I stepped back and thought, "I just spent $10 on a screw. From France."

Last Edited:
Not since I let the extractor plunger go zooming out of my G-21 and I had to order the little gold colored plastic "spring loaded bearing" for $3.99 and $7.00 shipping. Sounds about normal for gun stuff.

One dinky spring or similar part and everything comes to a halt. Then you're glad to pay ridiculous prices just to get going again. :(

Last weekend I picked up an M1 Carbine. It's a good gun, almost totally complete except the barrel band screw was missing. I did a little searching and found a guy on E-Bay who is overseas and has a bunch of NOS barrel band screws, so I ordered one. It's the right screw, parkerized, etc...

After I ordered it I stepped back and thought, "I just spent $10 on a screw. From France."

I've got it too. I paid $25 for an original slide safety retaining screw for a Colt 1903 .32 auto "pocket" model, and my screw is even smaller than yours.

I bought a whole other gun just for a couple of special one of a kind screws.
Took the donor rifle completely apart, kept what I needed, and then sold every last piece (except the receiver) on eBay. I barely broke even.
I look very carefully now when I am buying vintage firearms.
Is it all there, does Numrich have parts for it, has Bubba and his kitchen table been playing with it.

Don't make us all excited over GUN parts! Sheesh, I thought I was going to look at cheap french hookers and all I got was this?
And just in case anyone needs one...

The $10 screw from France

Don't make us all excited over GUN parts! Sheesh, I thought I was going to look at cheap french hookers and all I got was paper and cosmoline? Dude, you suck. At least sorta, in a joking way....:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top