JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has probably been here before. Very worth a repeat. Well thought out reasoning from over 20 years ago. More timely than ever. I especially recommend it for some of the younger set who are still working at sorting things out. And any older ones doing the same thing.

A NATION OF COWARDS

Your post has triggered me and I may have to sue you for loss of wages while I am away at a drum circle followed by a protest against anti-cowards in downtown Portland.

I'll be the guy with a bandana over my face so I feel safe while away from my moms basement.

Please, reconsider your thread and in the future think about what you post and how it will effect others.:p

Thank you so much for posting that link! Never read that and I KNOW I should have. There are many good points in that, but I think this might be the clincher for me.

*It is by no means obvious why it is "civilized" to permit oneself to fall easy prey to criminal violence, and to permit criminals to continue unobstructed in their evil ways. While it may be that a society in which crime is so rare that no one ever needs to carry a weapon is "civilized," a society that stigmatizes the carrying of weapons by the law-abiding -- because it distrusts its citizens more than it fears rapists, robbers, and murderers -- certainly cannot claim this distinction. Perhaps the notion that defending oneself with lethal force is not "civilized" arises from the view that violence is always wrong, or the view that each human being is of such intrinsic worth that it is wrong to kill anyone under any circumstances. The necessary implication of these propositions, however, is that life is not worth defending. Far from being "civilized," the beliefs that counterviolence and killing are always wrong are an invitation to the spread of barbarism. Such beliefs announce loudly and clearly that those who do not respect the lives and property of others will rule over those who do.*

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top