JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1656739911070.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the supreme court in the ruling stated you couldn't use high fees, I could be wrong though.

More than likely, they'll use low staffing to be able to create a wait. Similar to the OSP only having a handful of clerks doing instant background checks.
A couple of weeks ago it only took about 30 seconds for mine.

No really...did a monkey just fly outta my butt? Because I never thought I'd see this day with Los Angeles.

LA County actually started loosening up CCW permit issuance 6-12 months ago. But here Sherrif Villanueva announces the county is essentially going to "shall issue," as a result of the recent SCOTUS decision. He notes that the county has approximately 3145 active permits so far, in a county the size of 10 Million. Those are atrocious numbers, obviously, but hopefully it's all about to change.

To that end, he's expecting the overall demand to be 50K CCW permits based on the volume of neighboring counties. And he's now actively engaging the police chiefs in the surrounding jurisdictions to get them to either start issuing permits themselves or allocate personnel to his organization to help with the expected increase.

This is great news, obviously, but we are still waiting to see what Gov Newsom and AG Bonta have up their sleeves to make things more difficult. The expectation is that they will ask the legislature to add some type of psych eval to the state CCW requirements and/or something related to proof of good moral standing...something like maybe needing reference letters or something equally as ridiculous. Stay tuned.

Oh, and sorry about the reddit link. I couldn't find this on the YouTubes.

A monkey you say? Well, Meatloaf is dead, so it apparently wasn't a bat....

We're playing this game in San Diego right now. For the first issuance of your CCW permit, an applicant can currently expect to pay almost $400 in fees and class expense. Part of this $400 includes the "Sheriff's Application Fee" which is currently $63.

The Sheriff, however, has now requested to raise that $63 to $176 dollars which will supposedly cover the full amount of what it actually costs him to administer the permit program. But that is damn near a 200% increase and will raise the overall cost of initially getting a permit to over $600. And to add insult to injury, California CCW permits are only good for two years.

I don't know what it costs in Oregon to get a permit but in Washington it's $54 (the last time I paid) and the permit is good for five years. I would argue that $400 to exercise what is supposed to be a God given and constitutionally protected RIGHT is already excessively burdensome. $600 is NUTS! :mad:
The dims recently added, think it was $35.00 to the permit.

I just chose a county. They're the same. 'Cept for maybe the transfer fee.

Effective September 25, 2021, fees increase pursuant to Senate Bill 554

• Initial issuance of an Oregon license - $115.00
  • Renewal license within Lincoln County - $75.00
  • Address, name change, or replacement within Lincoln County - $15.00
    (Expiration date is the same as the original.)
  • Transfer and renewal from other Oregon County - $90.00
  • Transfer only from other Oregon County - $30.00

It will be interesting to see how many will take the opportunity. Will they look at an open door like my dog used to or charge right out a grab that freedom?

I hope a lot do but I bet that less than 3% of current gun owners will. They have less than 4,000 permits out of 10M residents. Also, the California gun register was set before a lot on new carry guns were released. There are a lot of hand cannons really not suited for concealment and honestly not many smaller pistols available to them.

It will be interesting to see how many will take the opportunity. Will they look at an open door like my dog used to or charge right out a grab that freedom?

I hope a lot do but I bet that less than 3% of current gun owners will. They have less than 4,000 permits out of 10M residents. Also, the California gun register was set before a lot on new carry guns were released. There are a lot of hand cannons really not suited for concealment and honestly not many smaller pistols available to them.
Well, between the riots, shootings, COVID lockdown, and everything else that's happened in the last 4 years, more and more people are seeing the importance of having a firearm for personal protection. Gun ownership is at an all-time high, and more people are seeking permits for carry. Hopefully that nudges the numbers higher in your state, and everyone else's.

Well Californians will be rocking their 5 shot revolvers, full sized CZ75s and occasional 1911 or Gen 3 Glocks. I think the only pocket sized guns on the roster are Jimenez .25 or 380s. That only applies to legal gun owners, of course.

It's not even that simple--if your specific manufacturer and model # of 1911 isn't on the Approved Roster, #NoGunForYou...
Sad but, this just may be good in the long run. A LOT of people there probably have paid no attention to all the fun new rules. When some of them now decide to get a permit and find out about them? Maybe, just maybe, a few more of them will stop voting for this nonsense. Where they can't have anything and the criminals can have whatever they want. They did vote for this, so now maybe more of them will see what they got.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top