JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is exactly why we keep losing our gun rights. Somebody who supports our position and our rights doesn't quite meet the height of the bar we've set, so we condemn them and alienate them, and refuse their help. The sheriff is following the law as it's written regarding CHLs. He didn't write it. He has no choice. He does not want to see any more useless laws passed. That should make us cheer, but some of us can find a dark cloud for every silver lining. Self-defeating behavior is what it's called. There are forums where you can go and associate only with like-minded purists like yourself. You can go there and exchange bitter comments about how things ought to be all day long and never have to acknowledge reality. Have a nice day.

Where is the law requiring "X" amount of money to be paid in order to obtain a CHL? Clearly I am mistaken and it is not the Sheriff who is responsible. Enlighten me, please, and show me where the law lays out how much is fair for a plastic card?

Does Floyd Prozanski's lack of any proof that UBC will reduce gun crimes decide the validity of his statement somehow?

As Rush Limbaugh says regarding the liberal mindset, "It's not the crime that matters, but rather the seriousness of the accusation"

It's a tired old tactic of accusing someone without proving what is said because the true purpose is for hurting the person being accused.

Thankfully, the CHL fees and procedures are freely available information. I do not need to bring evidence that it exists.

The only part in question is whether those fees and procedures are fair and just, or blatant extortion. Which, as I said earlier, is your own opinion to make.

Where is the law requiring "X" amount of money to be paid in order to obtain a CHL? Clearly I am mistaken and it is not the Sheriff who is responsible. Enlighten me, please, and show me where the law lays out how much is fair for a plastic card?
Enlighten yourself.........
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.291

I'm sure there are forums where people biatch about ODL fees, DEQ fees, etc.
You wanna play, then pay.

I am surprised this upcoming law is not already on the books here in the Peoples Republik of Oregon. I have only been in one other place that is as Left wing as Oregon and that was Boulder Colorado.

Looks right to me. So what if I ask you a question now?

Even though it is written by someone else, does it not make the Sheriff's office guilty of extortion for following along? If a biker club smashes up a shop on main street; does the responsibility rest solely on the shot callers?

Section 166.291 ORS, paragraph 5:

(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are:

(A)$15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant.

(B)$50 to the sheriff for the issuance or renewal of a concealed handgun license.

(C)$15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.

(b)The sheriff may enter into an agreement with the Department of Transportation to produce the concealed handgun license.

Clearly, you are mistaken.

While I am not saying I agree with the DMV or DEQ; those are not exactly natural born rights. I'm sure the argument of freedom to travel could be made, but it is not as cut and dry as self defense.

I do not have an agenda. I only have an opinion; It's extortion. Even if "Someone else made me do it."

Who said anything about lying on paperwork? I said refuse altogether.

He does not just say nice life. He arrests you when you are found to have been concealing a firearm. They are holding your safety for ransom; that is extortion.

Mods:

Go ahead and lock this thread down. It has ran its course and turned into a shot slinging back and forth that is serving no current purpose not as when I made the original post.

This thread was intended to inform people of what a local sheriff is doing in relation to a completely unworkable law. It was not intended to become a pissing match and pulpit for one person to rant on about their individual opinions and make unfounded criminal statements about a person and agency that is doing a pretty good job of supporting a qualified persons right to carry concealed weapons.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads