JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have often wondered when something like this would happen. It is just retailers at this point limiting sales but I suspect someday BP guns will end up requiring 4473's & BGCs as well.

I read a story some time ago about how BP firearms were being increasingly found in the possession of criminals in the U.S. - and in other countries as well.

imagine if toyota stopped selling cars when someone wrecked and killed someone.
Well, this is not an accurate analogy as Cabelas and Bass pro have NOT stopped selling BP firearms but they simply stopped internet and phone sales and subsequent mail delivery. They still sell them in store.

If one wants to purchase online or by phone they simply need to find another online dealer of the gun they want and use them - for now that is. It will be interesting to see if any other dealers of BP guns stop online/phone sales as well.

So one criminal piece of crap uses a blackpowder revolver for nefarious purposes and they'll stop selling to everyone online? Yeesh. Not that I had any use for Bass Pro anyway, but it does set a bad precedence.

So one criminal piece of crap uses a blackpowder revolver for nefarious purposes and they'll stop selling to everyone online? Yeesh. Not that I had any use for Bass Pro anyway, but it does set a bad precedence.
The precedence was already set; that is what "gun control" is all about - punishing law abiding gun owners for the actions of a few criminals and mentally unstable individuals.

The precedence was already set; that is what "gun control" is all about - punishing law abiding gun owners for the actions of a few criminals and mentally unstable individuals.
I heard a guy once drowned somebody. I'm going to stop using water now.

yep, after they ban the scary black rifles.. they are going to go after those long range,deadly sniper rifles.. ie grandpas 06 with a scope.
All they will need to do is find a company somewhere on the planet that makes a 11 round magazine for grandpa's Rem 700 and declare that it is an assault weapon because it is semi-auto and capable of taking a >10 round magazine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top