JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey whats everyone's opinions on these shootings that seem to be happening right after each other? latest one being at Texas A&M... What are the thoughts of these shootings being used to have stricter gun laws? I think nut jobs or sociopaths will do what they want whether they have a scottish claymore or a AK-47 but i know one is looked at making it easier. I just don't believe all should be punish for a persons inability to deal with this world. I don't know but whats the opinions on this?

the media needs to start accepting responsibility for being a big reason why maniacs go out and do crap like that. the way they sensationalize the shootings, making the shooter (in)famous overnight. they can scream for gun control all they want, but they really need to take a good, long look in the mirror as to why these are happening more often.

Firearms are the tool the nut jobs had at hand. If taken away, they will figure out something else as an outlet for their rage. More or less gun control will accomplish nothing . Disarming the sheeple, or arming ourselves to the teeth will not stop them.

At the root cause is deteriorating mental health over all. Period. Too many factors coalescing. The mind is like the body. It needs to be fed the right stuff or else it will get sick. Just like with out bodies, you can let your mind be poured some crap if you regularly feed it with the right stuff. It can take it. Nevertheless, just look around how careless our culture has become about both. Unfortunately, we are not taking it seriously. We are told we are free to do whatever we want. A certain book I know full of wisdom reads "We are allowed to do anything, but not everything is good for us to do. We are allowed to do anything, but not all things help us grow strong...".

But, as usual, the sheeple will ask our nanny state to fix it for us, instead of assuming responsibility for our decisions.

the media needs to start accepting responsibility for being a big reason why maniacs go out and do crap like that. the way they sensationalize the shootings, making the shooter (in)famous overnight. they can scream for gun control all they want, but they really need to take a good, long look in the mirror as to why these are happening more often.

well i suspect we can look in lots of places, video games, easy access to firearms, media; however sometimes you just can't prevent crazy.

People are losing it, cracking under pressure of life, financial strain, whatever. It may also be more people on all these "wonder" drugs -> I can't help but wonder what happens if you stop taking one of these drugs and what it might do to your mind...

Peter

People are losing it, cracking under pressure of life, financial strain, whatever. It may also be more people on all these "wonder" drugs -> I can't help but wonder what happens if you stop taking one of these drugs and what it might do to your mind...

Peter

Hi All,
I think that the people that are handing out the Drugs, If that what is going on here, They are at fault. So should they not be accountable? Because if something like a shooting happen because of someone giving drugs to you. They too should be accountable just as the shooter.
If you go to the bar, drink to much, get into a wreck. The state can go after the bar, server and bartenter for serving to much, who also is now at fault for the wreck.
If you sell Heroin and the person that buys and uses it die. You now can be charge with murder. You do need a needle, but any one can buy them. Just walk up to Rx and just ask.
So we don't make law so you can't buy needles, But many many people die of ODs.
Just something to think about.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Blaming video games and drugs doesn't seem to be the right method here. That's the same as blaming the shootings on the guns.

You're right to go to the individual mind, however. We're in the middle of a depression.

People lose their jobs, their homes, their cars. When the money dries up, those already on the edge snap.

A few possible factors in no particular order:
- Homeowners can't soak up a couple months of missed renters' income as they could before, so people get evicted quicker.
-Companies are quicker to lay off those just barely doing the work.
-Couples are more likely to get divorced (money issues account for a large portion of divorces), and when you lose your family, you're more likely to snap.

I too have been thinking about these shootings. And possible gun control laws steming from them. And I have come to a conclusion.
Arm yourself. If someone tries to kill you then stop them.
I don't care why someone starts shooting. It dose not matter because there will allways be a reason. I can only control my actions.
I'm gona get on my soap box for this one. If you don't think the same way that's OK. You need to make your own choices based on the way you see things. But please don't try to stop me from making mine.
If I fail to protect the people I love. Then shame on me.
People pretend the world is a safe place. And for the most part it is. But when it turns bad will you take responsibility for your own safety?
Too many think we can make the world a safe place. One way is to try and take away all the guns out there. This is not posible. There are too many out there. We can't put the jenie back in the bottle. Let's not lie to ourselves. The only thing to do is get a gun.
Now I understand that most men won't act like men. But please don't take away my ability to act like one and save my loved ones.
Who's job is it to take care of my personal safty?
You can run around like a frightened pig or rodent or something. But I'm gona bite back!

I've noticed the media has ramped up their sensationalized reporting of shootings, now any incident involving guns is posted like it's another crazed shooter who planned ahead, went out and killed people. As more details come in, they change the story and it turns out that it wasn't as random as they made it out to be.

When they first reported the Texas A&M shooting they had a headline like this: "Crazed gunman kills three in Texas" and precious few other details. Now we know he snapped as he was being evicted, and wasn't looking to shoot someone that day necessarily. When every incident that involves guns becomes front page news, it fuels the perception that their are more shootings, when before these cases wouldn't have been as big or reported on for nearly as long. Just another example of how they distort reality to make the story more sensational and give them better ratings, blood and death keeps people watching.

Also they under report stories where people use a gun for self defense, the story about the Florida gentleman who stopped a robbery at an internet cafe ran on CNN for just 24 hours before disappearing. By Contrast they talked about Aurora for weeks. Most self defense stories don't make the national news, instead relegated to only regional or local news outlets. A happy ending isn't nearly as sensational, negative stories dominate the news broadcasts, with maybe one or two happy stories put in just so it's not a complete downer, eg: they do a local story about small blind orphans being given kittens, but the rest of broadcast is car accidents/murder/war/death/destruction. Once the stats for the year are compiled my guess is that the total number of shootings/ overall deaths ect will be on average, even if they are higher, a right should not be controlled by its abuses. After all, journalists are abusing the first amendment when they report less than factual stories or outright lies as unbiased fact.

Whatever happened to journalist's integrity? Checking your facts and trying extremely hard to do unbiased reporting? Seems both have gone down the drain.

And that's just a few of the reasons I don't watch the news anymore. : P

There IS NOT an "epidemic" of mass shootings. It's just that the 24/7 news cycle jumps on every one and hypes the Hell out of it.

My understanding is that the annual death toll from these types of incidents hasn't increased in decades. You just didn't hear about the ones that happened before. And the percentage of victims doesn't begin to touch one 10th of 1% of overall murders.

If I could get odds like those of being a mass shooting victim for the lottery, I'd be a VERY wealthy man.

Don't mistake media hype for facts. Several of the "mass shootings" I've seen listed turn out to be something along the lines of a pissed off ex-boyfriend who shot his target and the one person who got in the way. but they don't write it up like that. they pretend every shooting with more than one victim is Columbine Redux.

I think part of it is a false flag, the other part is that we have mentally ill people. We... well I should say I, didn't hear and see a lot of news about shootings until the whole U.N. gun thing was going on a few months back. I think they are trying to acclimate the public into thinking that guns are bad, and the media is trying to say SEE? ALL GUNS ARE BAD, PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME, SO WE NEED TO BAN GUNS.

When people have nothing left to loose, they loose it and I think it will get worse. More citizens are waking up and buying guns to protect themselves and I guess concealment licenses are on the rise as it should be. Every responsible citizen with common since should legally carry and train because police can't be everywhere.... specially when you need them. Either that or find a skinny cop and carry him or her on your belt lol. I personally don't depend on the police to save my life.... if they can, great but it's my life and my responsibility to do so. To be honest I don't even wanna deal with police because they went form peace officers to "LAW ENFORCEMENT" and I strongly believe it's a police state. I don't hate cops, I just don't like the ones that go on power trips. Why should I get ticketed or arrested for something small when education can be tool that can be used. I don't think the law has our best interest in mind. I am not saying that the police should look the other way when people mess up but it's not fare for someone to get a ticket for J-walking on a small quiet street when the banks get to steal billions.... that's just my though.

I have seen with my own eyes.... an illegal alien without a license was in a car accident (the alien was at fault) and all the police officer did was to ticket him and let him go. People in the other car were hurt but nothing too bad that would justify a trip to the hospital.

False Flag? SERIOUSLY?

You need to get out the tinfoil hat dude.

Here, I'll show you the technique.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

BTW, I heard on INFOWARS that posting on an internet forum puts you on a special list for the FEMA camps. -Sheesh!

catintinfoilhat.jpg

Go back to sleep sheep...... beeeeeeeh!

Suuuure, I'm a sheep and you are...a Crazy assed sheepdog that randomly bites sheep and other sheepdogs and chickens, and domesticated turkeys and.....

False Flag? I'm sure your in with the 911 truthers. Seriously post some stupidity here so us sane people can ridicule it.

If that wasn't graphic enough for you, here:

[video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f3a1dd287d/monty-pythons-flying-circus-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-french-taunting-from-thaffner[/video]

Suuuure, I'm a sheep and you are...a Crazy assed sheepdog that randomly bites sheep and other sheepdogs and chickens, and domesticated turkeys and.....

False Flag? I'm sure your in with the 911 truthers. Seriously post some stupidity here so us sane people can ridicule it.

If that wasn't graphic enough for you, here:

[video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f3a1dd287d/monty-pythons-flying-circus-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-french-taunting-from-thaffner[/video]

:s0114: whatever you say buddy.... keep assuming things.

First of all, everybody take a deep breath and a couple of whatever psychotropics Leviathan has decided you need to preserve your mental health.
It's a little known fact that tinfoil hats won't protect your brain unless they are grounded. First off, attach the ground at the back so it can be run down your shirt unseen and wear a wig to cover your cranial armour. Then you need a Y-splitter, one for each foot so your ground remains in contact and effective while walking. This will protect you from EMP attack and the emanations from HAARP and it's numerous analogues throughout the world.
In a more serious vein, we note that the Lamestream Media can always be depended upon to spew hysterical hoplophobic twaddle on demand when the gun grabbers have managed to make "GUN VIOLENCE" the cause du jour again. In the DPRK back when AWB 101 was being pushed every news item regarding violence involving a gun (or knife or bludgeon) had a graphic of a generic Kalashnikov or Glock in the background while the Bubble-Headed Bleach Blond belched on and on about "cop killer bullets," "assault weapons," "high caliber assault clips," and whatever phrase they thought would terrify the thumb suckers and bed wetters ignorant enough to take them seriously. The only difference today is that the inhabitants of Free America (as opposed to the Liberal Peoples' Collectives) have realized that
1) The minions of Leviathan can not protect them, and...
2) Therefore gun control laws can't either, and...
3) Given the degree of tactical and gunhandling abilities and common sense recently demonstrated by NYPD, SDSO, and other agencies, calling them for help in the gravest extreme of lethal peril just increases the danger to the requestor.
4) Therefore they need to protect themselves, which requires that They The Peons have guns to accomplish this, and ...
5) The Lamestream Media having demonstrated that they are just the "Ministry of Truth" for the DNC, nothing they say is to be believed.
Fasten your seat belts Folks. Remain seated at all times, keep your hands inside the moving unit while paradigms are in motion, and never forget who Leviathan's empoyees serve (hint: it ain't "We the People of the United States"). Thank you for visiting Obamaland and please come back again. Now move along - nothing to see here.

Maybe something I said on here challenged someone's manhood..... and for that I am sorry. It is very obvious that it's hard for them to see outside the box so they have to resort to immaturity and try to prove that their way is the only way. So please grow up and act civilized because I don't think any self respecting adult should have to act like a mentally challenged four year old, but certain members on here just can't and won't grow up and the immaturity level is mind boggling to say the least. They think they have what it takes to advance in the world and they have such pathetic existence that they have to pick on others to feel good about themselves.... and I feel sad for you.

A great man once said "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

Maybe something I said on here challenged someone's manhood..... and for that I am sorry. It is very obvious that it's hard for them to see outside the box so they have to resort to immaturity and try to prove that their way is the only way. So please grow up and act civilized because I don't think any self respecting adult should have to act like a mentally challenged four year old, but certain members on here just can't and won't grow up and the immaturity level is mind boggling to say the least. They think they have what it takes to advance in the world and they have such pathetic existence that they have to pick on others to feel good about themselves.... and I feel sad for you.

A great man once said "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

That's a whole lot of ad hominem coming from a guy that thinks these cherry-picked, over-hyped media stories are staged by the government. Dial it back dude.

Shootings happen, sensationalism sells air time.

Komradrazvan- It would appear as though you left out very important factors in your number crunching. In this particular case, your example of Bush vs. Obama, there is the fear and economical factors you left out. people buying more guns during Obamas time in office has more to do with the fear of losing our ability to buy certain types of guns or guns period; as well as the economy is getting worse and people are seeing a diminishing police presence and want to protect themselves daily as well as in some sort of disaster. So let the gun buying begin.

How about a pole on why people are buying more guns.

During the Bush presidency I myself along with a lot of others was not worried about losing my gun rights, and the econmoy was just really starting to crash, so why would I rush right down and buy guns. Seeing Bush on the news in a cowboy hat and boots would make an average person look at him as more blue collar and someone they could identify with. Besides, who doesn't associate a Ranch with cowboys and horses and cows, with guns? It's as american as apple pie as one would say. It's all carefully calculated by his staffers of course, but the feeling is all the same.

So let's redo the simpler terms:

Conservative president = Less guns due to not worrying about losing my right to buy or own them.
Liberal president = More guns due to worrying about losing my right to own or buy them and having less or no police presence or an economical crash leaving me to my own devices.

Most people don't vote based on figures and numbers, but rather experience and emotion as well as partisanship. So when we look around our communities and see the school programs, police departments and a lot of businesses that have been around for many decades go the way of the dinosaurs, we go to the voting booth and say next please.

:s0160:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads