JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Carnac says: "Legalized MJ. And why not legalize even more?"

Carnac.jpg

Opens the envelope and reads:
"Reason(s) for the growing numbers of Wackos on the streets."

Aloha, Mark

Anybody know for sure if.....
- the mentally ill end up living on the street
or
- living on the street ends up making people mentally ill

And, why do I get the feeling that we'll see re-education camps, looong before we'll ever see the mental health care system fixed?

Anybody know for sure if.....
- the mentally ill end up living on the street
or
- living on the street ends up making people mentally ill

And, why do I get the feeling that we'll see re-education camps, looong before we'll ever see the mental health care system fixed?

Again with bureaucrats making excuses for wasting our money:

One part of the article had me thinking a similar question as you (replace mentally ill with drug addiction):

"But I think at the same time, we're talking about really big issues here that are much bigger than whether or not you you build a shelter or make a shelter better, right? We're talking about issues of serious mental illness, we're talking about issues of affordable housing and all the cheap, really cheap housing where people who lived on the lowest end of the earning spectrum, used to live that, you know, that's all gone around here too," he said.

When they say the affordable housing is gone, and that's why people are on the streets, makes me wonder why then, do the vast majority of street scum in Seattle seem to have a drug addiction problem?
Did they have it prior to being unable to find low-end housing?
Did they become drug-addicted only because they are on the streets?
I think it's more like they prefer spending money on drugs, as opposed to paying rent. When living in a tent, in Seattle, there's a lot of perks. No pesky mail with bills, child support demands, summons, etc. Nobody can find you to make you pay your way in life. Tents are free....etc etc etc

BTW, re-education camps already exist. It's called public schools and colleges. Of course, you could argue it's more of an "indoctrination" than re-education....

Mental illness can glob up where people have low self worth. A lot of these percentages can be SAD (Seasonal affective disorder?), and misdiagnosed Democrat voters. Lower self worth or feelings of inadequacy can also relate to lower religious populations. Considering the NW is one of the least churches areas, this does not surprise me. Low self worth leads to depression and more issues down the line.

There is an even bigger homeless problem in San Francisco, where SAD is far less of an issue. My understanding is that people looking for handouts go to where the handouts are. Seattle and Portland are, in essence, attractive nuisances. It seems to me it might be far less expensive to create a village where mental and drug treatment are free, so is very basic food and housing. Deciding on the rules might be an interesting exercise.

There is an even bigger homeless problem in San Francisco, where SAD is far less of an issue. My understanding is that people looking for handouts go to where the handouts are. Seattle and Portland are, in essence, attractive nuisances. It seems to me it might be far less expensive to create a village where mental and drug treatment are free, so is very basic food and housing. Deciding on the rules might be an interesting exercise.
Leper colony anyone?

Back in the early 90's, there was a billboard when you'd drive through State Line that said, "One in Five Idaho residents suffers from mental illness." The joke was, "only five?" and "I wonder if that's the one" when talking to a particularly special kind of idiot.

It became far less funny when I moved back to Oregon.

Mental illness can glob up where people have low self worth. A lot of these percentages can be SAD (Seasonal affective disorder?), and misdiagnosed Democrat voters. Lower self worth or feelings of inadequacy can also relate to lower religious populations. Considering the NW is one of the least churches areas, this does not surprise me. Low self worth leads to depression and more issues down the line.
I know I am affected by SAD every year. But, I just get grouchy and negative and make posts complaining about millennials. I don't crap myself and run down the street thinking a giant chicken is after me.

And the church thing makes sense. I didn't know there were actually less churches in the PNW, but I did notice an oddity in that none of the churches in my area offer Sunday evening or Wednesday services. Every where else I've lived, I have worked jobs in law enforcement and usually on weekends, but was able to go to church regularly due to Wednesday services or Sunday evening services. I moved here, found a great church, then started working weekends and graveyard and realized no services other than two Sunday morning services. I searched the area and not a single church had Sunday night or Wednesday services. Just weird.

Again with bureaucrats making excuses for wasting our money:

I saw it as.......

"If you build it.....more will come."

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

PS....the other side?

"God helps those who help themselves"
or
God does not help those who do not help themselves.

Heard on the scanner another call for a white male in his 20's yelling gibberish and walking around shaking his fists.
That made the police scanner?
Geez... l just saw three of four of those guys as l was driving through Salem. Never thought to call the coppers, just part of our capital's charm... like the Stalinesque capital building itself.

The participation trophy on the roof is a nice touch...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top