JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Having a hard time pulling the trigger on negative feedback for a member. So I thought I'd take some opinions from other members on the matter. I've waited since 4/17/18 for my butthurt to subside, and it hasn't.

Made a deal with a member for a small amount of ammo, and have had a prior successful face to face transaction with said member. Agreed on price, time to meet, everything. He then sends a PM a couple hours before the meetup (all of this happened same day) asking if I'm still interested in the ammo because another member has offered asking price ($5 more than our agreed price). I say yes I'll be there at 4:30. He then proceeds to ask me if I'd pay $45 versus the $40 we previously agreed to. It obviously upset me, so I just told him to go ahead and sell it to the other member. So since I told him to sell to the other member I sort of feel bad leaving negative feedback. But on the other hand who would sour their reputation on here over $5?? Seems insane to me. In the end I didn't actually lose any money or anything, but the rules set forth by @Joe Link clearly state.......

"Follow through once you commit to a purchase, sale, or trade
Once you commit to a deal you should do your best to follow through. Members who flake on deals will likely receive negative feedback, which will not be removed."

So I'm feeling like he deserves some negative feedback. What do you guys think? Am I just being a baby? I know I will never deal with him again, and I'm thinking the negative feedback might help other members avoid a similar situation.

Any feedback on the situation is appreciated. BTW have the PM screen shots to prove everything.

Negative feedback goes both ways and he will probably retaliate with negative feedback of his own. Although if you leave neutral feedback he could still leave you negative feedback. I have negative feedback for pushing out a meet date, and posting a question on a thread so it does happen, and received a negative feedback a year after the same member left positive feedback about the same item, I should have never met up at midnight that was a major redflag, but at the time I was always up that late and didnt have kids
I also recently left a new member "Yotaguy" positive feedback and asked for the same in return and he asked what the big deal was with leaving positive feedback, and has yet to leave any feedback, lame.
The retaliatory feedback is a major issue and the site wont invlove itself in the issue of feedback.

Upvote 0
And there you see I just got a negative feedback from Lars for a deal he came to me with and backed out because he did his research after offering a trade. Literally just got the negative feedback. I didnt leave him one but will probably now just to retaliate and get my two cents. People shouldnt offer a trade and then back out.

Upvote 0
It's his reputation as a seller. That's a cr@p weasel thing to do after an agreement on the trade has been established. That's what feedback is for, to let the community know that this is what they can expect if they deal with this person. Otherwise he will pull the same cr@p weasel tactic on everybody.

Upvote 0
Pretty petty stuff, from the second I gave a time and place to meet he started back peddling. No way to stop retaliation feedbacks and he left his first because I told him that I was going to leave him negative feedback for welching. He said we didnt have a deal because the exchange didnt happen. Why offer a trade and not do your research first?

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently honor has a price tag of 5 bucks .... you're better off not running that ammo, a can understand your disappointment . The only good reason I see for feedback is so someone else doesn't get the same treatment.

Upvote 0
You PROBABLY should have mentioned at the time, that you had a verbal agreement (aka verbal contract according to the forum rules). By you "cutting bait" and telling the seller to go ahead and sell it, gave "him" permission to sell it elsewhere, and it COULD be argued as such in "his" defense... IMHO just walk away this time, but next time "stand your ground" or at least specifically articulate (in a plain manner) your thoughts/feelings to a potential seller should this scenerio occur.

It's just a business transaction and some people (most actually) aren't very good at "good business" practices, as "closing the deal" isn't all there is to business, it's also about "relationships" and following through in a deal.

Let go, you must! ;)

That's some good wisdom from uncle Stomper

Upvote 0
I've had it happen. Not worth leaving a negative just to receive one. Honestly, I backed out of a deal in November of 2016 that was all but said and done because my grandma passed and I wasn't in a good spot to meet up as I had already agreed to. Luckily the seller understood.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top