JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Societies exist under three forms sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of every one has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one. 3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics. To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it's evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medecine necessary for the sound health of government.

A little rebellion may be a good thing....
If...
One has a plan for after the rebellion.

It one thing to rant and rave...and cause chaos...
All that rage and frustration is brutal and horrific...but it burns out or gets put down.

What comes next...what is the point of the rebellion...?
If there is no lasting solution to the ills caused the rebellion in the first place , then it will be doomed to failure as nothing will have be changed.
We will just have a bigger mess to clean up.

Speaking of cleaning up....
Those who do the actual cleaning up ....won't be the ones who made the mess.
It will be the folks who just want our country and government to live up to the ideals and notions that started it.
The same folks , I might add who get trampled underfoot by rebellion.

Also...
The folks who are rebelling....are they actually fighting for a worthy cause...is it even a cause...
Or are they out for personal gain...perhaps they are even being used as tools and means to an end , by the masters of manipulation , who are the real sources of the backing and ideas of the rebellion...?

Having served two "Peace Keeping " tours while in the Army , I can say that in my experience a civil war or rebellion is ugly.
Families are torn apart..
Betrayals are commonplace...
Folks who simply want to be left alone are swept up in it...and have to make some God-Awful choices...
People get hurt and die...many who had nothing to do with anything in regards to the origin of the problems , that started the mess...

Be careful of what you wish for.
Andy

If...

All that rage and frustration is brutal and horrific...but it burns out or gets put down.

If there is no lasting solution to the ills caused the rebellion in the first place , then it will be doomed to failure as nothing will have be changed.

It will be the folks who just want our country and government to live up to the ideals and notions that started it.

Also...
The folks who are rebelling....are they actually fighting for a worthy cause...is it even a cause...
Or are they out for personal gain...perhaps they are even being used as tools and means to an end , by the masters of manipulation , who are the real sources of the backing and ideas of the rebellion...?

Having served two "Peace Keeping " tours while in the Army , I can say that in my experience a civil war or rebellion is ugly.
Folks who simply want to be left alone are swept up in it...and have to make some God-Awful choices...
People get hurt and die...many who had nothing to do with anything in regards to the origin of the problems , that started the mess...

Andy

Ay-FRAKIN'-men, mang! :s0155:

If...

Also...

Andy
DEFINITELY have a worthy cause man. Social injustice can only continue so long. There is a serious problem with Police investigating themselves. Too many civil servants abusing power. It had to come to a boiling point sometime.

So many people are peacefully protesting too. Let's not forgot them. They deserve more than that. I saw protesters form a wall and stop looter from entering a target chanting it takes from their messages. There is good people everywhere standing up for a reason. Ill be joining them *this afternoon

Edited for time

DEFINITELY have a worthy cause man. Social injustice can only continue so long. There is a serious problem with Police investigating themselves. Too many civil servants abusing power. It had to come to a boiling point sometime.

So many people are peacefully protesting too. Let's not forgot them. They deserve more than that. I saw protesters form a wall and stop looter from entering a target chanting it takes from their messages. There is good people everywhere standing up for a reason. Ill be joining them *this afternoon

Edited for time

Just watch yourself and avoid getting caught in a "buzz-saw" situation. :confused:

My apologies. Sorry for the stupid remark as well.

Just do not understand how someone can be Pro 2A and Pro Clinton at the same time....

The Clintons have done an amazing job supporting the 2A........just look at their ex-cronies that commited suicide with a gun......two to the back of the head style....

:rolleyes:

"We asked [Raspail] about his vision of the West, this West that had lost all confidence in itself as a worthwhile civilization. Where did he think this mentality ("the beast") had come from? He said this was a difficult question. It was a collection of things; one couldn't really say. In one sense the West is more than ever triumphant, but it has a conception of the rights of man. In its original form this was an excellent idea, but it now has been misapplied and it is being used against France, the very country that had first conceived it."
-- "An Interview with Jean Raspail" by Katharine Betts, from "Camp of the Saints"

"Barbarism is needed every four or five hundred years to bring the world back to life. Otherwise it would die of civilization."
-- Edmond and Jules de Goncourt, Journal, 3 September 1855

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads