JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

tongue-out-smiley.png

I can't really tell how much it reduces recoil vs. a standard pistol grip, but it is better than the raptor grip. It would be better if they had used a rubber grip - both for the ability to better grip it, and recoil.

Thanks! I've been on the fence about buying one. Have a 20 gauge Shockwave I got for $250. So somewhat hesitant to spend $80+ on a grip for it.

Re: availability of different loads for 20 ga.
There are lots of Fudd Loads available for hunting wabbits or whatever other game you might pursue with a 20 ga.
Loads for a fighting gun, not so much, not to mention specialty stuff.

Re: availability of different loads for 20 ga.
There are lots of Fudd Loads available for hunting wabbits or whatever other game you might pursue with a 20 ga.
Loads for a fighting gun, not so much, not to mention specialty stuff.

Absolutely correct. MUCH more defensive stuff available for 12 gauge. Especially now with ammo shortages. But there are various buckshot, mixed, and larger shot rounds that would all be pretty effective in 20 gauge. I mostly have #4 steel shot for my 20 gauge. Also some #6 lead that's lower velocity for the Shockwave that seems like a good choice if needed inside a house.

Speaking of specialty ammo, I did recently get some D Dupleks Monolit 32 for my 12 gauge. Haven't tried it out yet.

I looked at both of those, briefly, and they don't look much like home defense guns?
Imo they r excellent home defense guns especially with larger mag capacity and shorter barrels than the standard 28"ish hunting barrels. I chopped the barrel to 18.5" in my old pheasant mossberg 500 gun and added a folding stock for easy storage (it's only 5+1 capacity due to it originally being a hunting gun). I like the pattern of 18"-20" shotguns for such use. And 9 pellets of 00 buck (or a ton of #4 buck) can be quite convincing to a home intruder methinks. ;) They r also ultra reliable..

As with any home defense gun, one needs to be aware of penetration. The nice part about these is you can choose several different loads in the same mag, Fe birdshot, buckshot, slugs. 0FEBBBE4-9880-430A-B9C1-454079BF11C2.jpeg

Last Edited:
Very cool gun and I'd gravitate to that before a pump of the same size and wouldn't hesitate to keep one as a 'truck gun' but honestly I don't think those things are a good idea for a HD 1 shotgun only situation.

Less Ammo capacity and you would need an arm brace to effectively aim it unless you have a lot of practice and are generally into shotguns etc.

And to clarify my above statement - I did intend it to say full length stock. Pistol grip added to that is a personal choice afterwards of course.
Agree. Anyone who wants to use a shockwave or similar gun without a stock for HD might benefit from watching this excellent test done by Ian and in range. Very thorough and well done imo. Skip to 22 minute mark for conclusions.

Last Edited:
Agree. Anyone who wants to use a shockwave or similar gun without a stock for HD might benefit from watching this excellent test done by Ian and in range. Very thorough and well done imo. Skip to 22 minute mark for conclusions.

So. Put a brace on it and repeat the tests accidentally using the brace against your shoulder?

I don't think anyone is going to dispute that it is much easier to miss with a PGO shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top