JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my experience, pump guns are great, but there is a bit of a training curve as in you need to avoid short stroking the action under stress, which can cause a double feed and is the last thing you need when the stuff hits the fan. Shooting under stress is harder than it might seem. Semi autos are more expensive but generally kick a bit less and you can shoot them faster. I personally use a 20 GA Mossberg 500 pump gun as they allow me to shoot more accurately with less kick and are not too expensive, even for the 12 GA version. The Mossberg 590s are a great pump gun too as well as the Remington 870 series.

Also I didn't see this posted yet but I would never consider a pistol grip shotgun. Find one with a stock you can aim and mitigate recoil.
That's a great statement right there! Get familiar with the full length platform before going Hollywood!:D:s0155:

Also I didn't see this posted yet but I would never consider a pistol grip shotgun. Find one with a stock you can aim and mitigate recoil.

I agree, as long as we specify it as a pistol grip "only". I had one of these on my Moss 500 and it hurt bad!!! I went back to the standard stock, then bought a pistol grip full length adjustable stock, which is wonderful IMO!!!

A heavier gun (especially with wood furniture will have WAY less recoil then a single shot does).

Just my opinion.

I like pistol grips on any long gun with regards to recoil and control. Of course, the full stock is better than pistol grip only, but you can get a full stock with pistol grip.

I would like to try out the ATI Strikeforce stock I bought because of the thick recoil pad and the rubber section on the pistol grip, but it would not be legal on either of my Shockwaves. I have a Knoxx Breacher grip with a spring in it to mitigate recoil, but I don't notice a whole lot of difference between that and a regular pistol grip.

I do know the pistol grips on my Shockwaves are better than the raptor grip, which itself is closer to the shape of a standard grip. I recommend that if someone decided to stay with the raptor grip that they use some of the self-adhesive bandage wrap to get a better grip on the grip (no pun intended).

I don't recommend the rough surface grip enhancement appliques - they may make the surface less slippery, but the ones that came on mine would be too rough on your hands unless you are wearing gloves - IMO.

i-adv-shotgun-6-pos-folding-stock-b-1-10-1135-main.jpg

I do know the pistol grips on my Shockwaves are better than the raptor grip, which itself is closer to the shape of a standard grip.

Putting a regular pistol grip on a Shockwave makes it less than 26" in length, and instantly turns it into an AOW. If you want to put a pistol grip on it you need some sort of extension to make the overall length over 26", as the Raptor grip does. There are some pistol grips with arm braces and other attachments to make them legal.

Putting a regular pistol grip on a Shockwave makes it less than 26" in length, and instantly turns it into an AOW. If you want to put a pistol grip on it you need some sort of extension to make the overall length over 26", as the Raptor grip does. There are some pistol grips with arm braces and other attachments to make them legal.

As I mentioned in my posts, my Shockwaves, one has an arm brace with a pistol grip and one has a Knoxx Breacher pistol grip. Both are 26"+ (I think I mentioned that too).

ii-mossberg-500-k35002-c-bw-ggr-bgrp-k35002-c-main.jpg

As I mentioned in my posts, my Shockwaves, one has an arm brace with a pistol grip and one has a Knoxx Breacher pistol grip. Both are 26"+ (I think I mentioned that too).

I was clarifying that for anyone reading. Shouldn't have necessarily directed it at you.

How do you like the Breacher pistol grip? I'm thinking of getting one. I have the older Knoxx stocks on some other shotguns.

I was clarifying that for anyone reading. Shouldn't have necessarily directed it at you.

How do you like the Breacher pistol grip? I'm thinking of getting one. I have the older Knoxx stocks on some other shotguns.

I can't really tell how much it reduces recoil vs. a standard pistol grip, but it is better than the raptor grip. It would be better if they had used a rubber grip - both for the ability to better grip it, and recoil.

Very cool gun and I'd gravitate to that before a pump of the same size and wouldn't hesitate to keep one as a 'truck gun' but honestly I don't think those things are a good idea for a HD 1 shotgun only situation.

Less Ammo capacity and you would need an arm brace to effectively aim it unless you have a lot of practice and are generally into shotguns etc.

And to clarify my above statement - I did intend it to say full length stock. Pistol grip added to that is a personal choice afterwards of course.

Very cool gun and I'd gravitate to that before a pump of the same size and wouldn't hesitate to keep one as a 'truck gun' but honestly I don't think those things are a good idea for a HD 1 shotgun only situation.

Less Ammo capacity and you would need an arm brace to effectively aim it unless you have a lot of practice and are generally into shotguns etc.

And to clarify my above statement - I did intend it to say full length stock. Pistol grip added to that is a personal choice afterwards of course.

That's going to be my next firearm acquisition... just as soon as @LuckySG cracks the whip on his suppliers.... ;):D

(Sorry, had to poke ya Jeremy! :s0140:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads