JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a 5.45X39 upper a while back wanted to take advantage of that cheap surplus ammo. Well bought a tin of that 7N6 1080 rds. for 130.00 at the last PDX show, and I'm not sure how I should go about opening it. I can see that mamma's kitchen can opener isn't gonna make it, and though I have a shop full of tools, wouldn't want to do anything foolish. Also if any of you have shot this stuff, wonder how it might differ from the 60 gr. silver bear I've been shooting. I know it's corrosive, and will be running in my S&W M&P upper. Thank's in advance for any info...Swoop'

THEY HAVE A SPECIAL OPENER THAT THEY USE, ITS A BIG CAN OPENER YOU GET IT WHEN YOU BUY 2 TINS, ? IF YOU'RE IN THE GRESHAM AREA DURING THE WORK WEEK. CALL ME I'LL BRING IT WITH ME. YOU COULD USE IT REAL QUICK TO OPEN YOU'RE TIN. 503-896-6728, OR A DREMMEL WORKS TO. remember clean the gas system real good, corrosive ammo needs to be cleaned good. i use simple green and hot water then normal cleaning with oil.:s0155:

Thank's GUNNY, didn't think anyone was ever gonna reply, so took some tin snips and worked it over. I just wasn't sure how it was packed in there, or I would have used a power tool. Thank's for the offer on the opener, but I best get my own since I plan on shootin a bunch of this stuff. I bought some from my brother that was already out of the tins that shot very well but like you said, pretty nasty if ya don't clean it out right after a shoot. I used windex on mine, seemed to work well. Thank's again

When a guy ask for help you dont ignore him, he might save you're *** when the zombie's come knoking,

(people sleep peacfully in there bed's at night only cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf.)

Last Edited:
used a hammer and a cold chisel to open my last tin.............they have such a scam on openers, I hope they trip on the pile of them they are hoarding and break an ankle..............................:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top