JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
recent purchase Roooger GP100-22, a GREAT 10 shot revolver.
Purchased used with unknown round count, it had very good SA trigger & passable but heavy DA. Since this is 'such an easy fix' thought I'd do it myself....

along the way to discover the pleasure of Ruger spring installation (it's been since 1982 I've had a DA Rooger apart) here's something I came across & thought I better do a little extra something. To range tomorrow to actually give field trial to what should be a little slicker & lighter action.

IMG_3233.JPG

should have posted the results of a little tryst with 900 grit crocus cloth....

range time today demonstrated very smooth SA measured in the 50-60 oz range with my vintage mechanical trigger gauge, down from 65-75oz before the 8# spring swap. Good groups at 21' and great groups with rapid DA fire.

While heavy at over 12#, I especially like the predictable DA indexing that allows more accurate SA break.

Only a week+ into this revolver, & it may turn out to be even better for my groups/time than the 617.

Owner-operator tip: utube Ruger.com rep shows trigger group reinstall in about 2:00 video. His is the most direct & easiest to follow tech tip. I finally got the pistol next to the video screen & took it step by step....voila!!!! The transfer bar needed just a little touch to make it all fall together.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top