JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the time is coming for me to switch up my means of transportation again! I'm going to have about 3500 to spend. First I was going for about a 93 Ford F-350 Regular Cab. Then I started thinking and I think I have it narrowed down to two choices. First is about a 89 Subaru Wagon 4WD, can buy a clean one for about 1500, them lift it for 400, and do some 29 or 30" Boggers for 600, do Roll Cage and Suspension seats, Camo it up, and go anywhere. The other idea, a VW Vanagon Syncro, with the same Boggers on it. Both have pros and cons. What do you guys think? I want 4WD, I want unique, and I want to go a lot of places!

i vote for the ford, with a canopy you've got just as much room as an vanagon or subaru. plus more power, and more reliable than the others with the tire configuration your looking at.

+1. Lifting the Ford would be easier and less expensive. Probably more reliable off road too. For serious off roading extra parts must be carried. These parts would also be easier to find and less expensive.

if you're looking for go anywhere fairly cheap. Looking into a suzuki. a samurai's power to weight ratio isn't terrible but its by no means a dragster. a little more nimble offroad on a set 30" tiress than a f350. still not common, but plenty of aftermarket parts.

btw, in my personal opinion....which will probably be proved wrong. i would recommend a different tire choice. Boggers with out a lot of power turning them will dig quick, especially in sand, the opposite of go anywhere like you would think. Some regular ol swamper tsl's might be the better choice. also a 30" tire is not large, it'd be large on a subaru or the vw, but its actually stock or smaller than on a f350. the minimum i associate with go anywhere ground clearance is a 35-38 on a fullsize truck and 33ish for something jeep wrangler sized. This is in my limited experience, which is mostly sand, some mud/ light trails..... no rocks what so ever.

Of your two choices I would pick the subaru they are built (designed) buy fuji heavy industries they build big trucks, you can see that the over kill attitude transfered over to their cars. Subaru cars have big axle shafts, big brakes, big wheel bearings, and big steering linkage.

If I went with the Ford it would het 35s. The 30s will be narrow, like 9.50s. Also, the Subaru is cheapest and easiest to lift. 250-400 bucks. For a nice ford kit its about a grand. I'm really looking at Subarus.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top