JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I am 100% brand new to this area if the firearms hobby. What I am thinking of doing is buying a threaded barrel and a suppressor, my problem is for which pistol to get it for. my main choices are for my MK25 and my Dan Wesson Valor. I know the 45acp is a fine cartridge for a suppressed weapon and the (mm is really only good when using a 147gr rounds. Now, My Valor is almost 100% a range gun while my MK25 is more of a all purpose working gun and if SHTF, its going to be on my hip.

So which would you recommend? I am personally leaning tward the Sig... Also I suppose I could get one for my Ar as well but I dont know how well it would work.

Get a .45 and that way you can shoot any pistol caliber smaller than .45...

Get one that had replaceable adaptors do you don't worry about the host... I recommend the osprey 45

Get one that had replaceable adaptors do you don't worry about the host... I recommend the osprey 45
No kidding? So I could get the 45ack Supp and then adaptors for the other pistols? thats something I didint know. Thanks. I will look into the Osprey.

I bought an Osprey and a Sparrow. I like the fact that you can take the Sparrow apart and clean out all of the lead and gunk.
The Sparrow has 1/2" x 28 TPI threads, so I took my favorite 22lr barrels to Tornado Technologies to have them threaded for the Sparrow.
You have to have your barrels threaded anyway, so why not make all of your .22lr guns threaded the same pitch.

the silencerco osprey and swr octane in 45 would both be good choices both use the same changeable piston system so you can adapt your can to different threads..............they also have the best customer service in the industry see my strike thread http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/152126-silencerco-swr-customer-service.html the octane is marginally quieter and is user serviceable osprey looks bad *** after thousands and thousands of rounds I don't really think the user serviceable is as big a deal as people make it out

I bought an Osprey and a Sparrow. I like the fact that you can take the Sparrow apart and clean out all of the lead and gunk.
The Sparrow has 1/2" x 28 TPI threads, so I took my favorite 22lr barrels to Tornado Technologies to have them threaded for the Sparrow.
You have to have your barrels threaded anyway, so why not make all of your .22lr guns threaded the same pitch.

Same here. An Osprey in .45 and a Sparrow were my entry into cans. I've shot .45 (Glock, Springfield Armory) and 9mm (Beretta) through the Osprey....both with great results. The Sparrow is spooky quiet with my MKIII. Still get to occasional supersonic round from the 10-22 (TacSol barrel) but it really piqued my interest and got me back me into shooting more .22. Never tried subsonic ammo, I have a bunch of .22 on the shelf but I may pick up some quiet ammo one of these days. Love the 22's....they are inexpensive to shoot and lots of fun.

No regrets - I'd buy those two again.

No kidding? So I could get the 45ack Supp and then adaptors for the other pistols? thats something I didint know. Thanks. I will look into the Osprey.

I have a TROS Barracuda for my MAC10/45 and an adapter from TROS that fits my 9mm AR15. Probably not as efficient as having a dedicated 9mm can tho.

Versatility is paramount. I had a "married" 22 pistol suppressor once and after a while regretted my purchase.
The one I am waiting on now a rifle suppressor in 308 that will handle any 30 cal up to 300 mag. I put a thread adapter on my AR15 and it will be fine. Although as someone else pointed out, not as efficient.

That said, do not expect a suppressor to be whisper quiet. I expect that my 308 will sound like a muffled 22 with standard velocity ammo. Even my subsonic suppressed 22 sounded like a pellet gun.

This +1000000
IMG_20130928_113721.jpg

I have a Sure Fire 7.62 can, an AAC Element .22 can, a Silencerco osprey 45 and 5.56 can. Ive equiped my 7.62 rifles with muzzle breaks for the Sure Fire and my 5.56 rifles with flash hiders for the Silencerco cans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top