JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anthony-Weiner-in-a-Car-Crash--111353.jpg

I steer away from meat products that list the first ingredient as "Mechanically Separated"

Me too!
I'm incredibly picky about processed foods.

Ingredient list at the bottom.

image.jpeg

Serving Size 1 link (50g)
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Calories 170 CAL
Calories From Fat 140 CAL
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 G
Saturated Fat 6 G
Cholesterol 12.00
Sodium 370 MG
Total Carbohydrates 1.00
Dietary Fiber 0 G
Sugars 1 G
Protein 6 G

Vitamin A 0.00
Vitamin C 10.00
Calcium 0.00
Iron 4.00
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.

Allergens
  • None
Ingredients
INGREDIENTS: ANGUS BEEF, WATER, CULTURED DEXTROSE*, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF DEXTROSE, SALT, CULTURED CELERY JUICE*, VINEGAR*, SEA SALT, CHERRY POWDER, FLAVOR, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA. *INGREDIENT TO PRESERVE QUALITY.

The best place to get a great braut is in my freezer it is made from 100% alpaca. great on the grill or soaking in a beer in the slow cooker or even just zapped in the microwave

I get a hot dog craving every now and then. The last time I craved em I went through A&W a couple miles from home and told the speaker I wanted two hot dogs. I noticed that the speaker didn't ask me what I wanted on them but I paid the nice lady anyway and drove home. Got home, said hello to everybody, sat down, turned on the TV, opened the paper bag and sure enough she sold me two hot dogs, on buns. I must have caught her on a good day. I had mustard, onions, relish etc. because I was home but...

I am probably in a tiny minority here - I am not a huge fan of beef, or beef/pork dogs. Not much a chicken dog fan either - I was raised on Jennie-O turkey franks, and they are my #1 favorite dog. I usually get the 10-pack small dogs, but we'll occasionally buy the 30 pack of the fatter dogs. Boiled, grilled, broiled, it's all good. I also make "hot dog stir fry" which sounds terrible but it's a guilty pleasure of mine once in a while - born of necessity one day when I was younger, wanted stir fry, but the only meat in the house were hot dogs and canned tuna, and "Tuna stir fry" just seemed gross. Still does.

As for toppings - ketchup for me, can't stand mustard on anything but a McD's nasty burger. I also like BBQ sauce, GOOD chili (preferably of the no-bean variety) with cheddar cheese. Homemade dill pickle relish, or dill pickle chips are always good. For a good, but terrible for you twist - top the dog with some tasty homemade mac & cheese.

Bacon wrapped dogs are good.

I will eat beef dogs occasionally - but only of the good angus or at least real beef variety. Can't stand plain jane Ball Parks, Oscar Meyer, and I really can't stand the cheap Bar-S dogs. Refuse to eat those even if you held a gun to my head. Nasty.

I do get in a brat mood occasionally - usually get Johnsonvilles, Zenners, or Safeway's house brand stuff.

I really like Zenner's Louisiana red hots though - hot link sausages are good stuff. Don't get them much though - $5-6 per 5 pack is a bit steep for a hot dog.

And I try NOT to think of how or which parts exactly go into the making of hot dogs. Sleep easier that way, especially after grilling dogs for dinner. :D

I do get in a brat mood occasionally - usually get Johnsonvilles, Zenners, or Safeway's house brand stuff.

Edelweiss Deli carries some great locally made German brats and Polish Sausage that are great grilled. Served on something like a Winco bun with a little mustard is hard to beat. We like to cut them in chunks and use them for Fondue with some good artisan breads.

Edelweiss (http://www.edelweissdeli.com/)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top