JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Harley rider is passing the Central Park Zoo when he sees a little girl leaning toward the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square in the nose with a powerful punch. Growling from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A New York Times reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole life."

The biker replies, "Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted accordingly."

The reporter says, "Well, I'm a journalist from the New York Times, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page... So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?"

The biker replies, "I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican."

The following morning the biker buys The New York Times to see if it indeed brings news of his deed, and reads, on front page:

"U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT, STEALS HIS LUNCH"

That made me literally laugh out loud... but it SURE ISN'T FUNNY.

:angry:

If only the sheeple could all see clearly together for just one moment. A tide would turn in this country and we'd be headed back to what the founders of our Great Nation had in mind when they threw out the Big Government of the British. How do we open their eyes? ...all at once? ...just for a second? :huh:

At the risk of flirting too closely with politics, I think it will take events so fundamentally awful, so unlike anything in our history thus far, as to make even the most ardent big-government-loving leftists rethink their positions. They're going to have to see with their own eyes what we conservatives can easily envision, and it will likely take losing loved ones, not just a few civil liberties, to get them to change their minds. And it will take a lot of them. A few can too easily be scoffed at and relegated to the pile of the poor, misbegotten fallen from the faith. Enough need to be affected that the hard-core leftists become a distinct minority that for all intents and purposes can be ignored.

Conservatives will not play a significant part in all this. Too much connection and we'll be the fall guys, taking all the blame. No, the leftists will have to do this on their own. All we can do is prepare individually, hunker down and wait it out.

People in general get really uncomfortable with anything that challenges their pre-conceived notions so "change" can only come about when something happens to them personally that FORCES them to see things as they really are and not as they think they are.

And sadly... I don't think we as a country have hit "rock bottom" yet when it comes to the decades long march towards a soft tyranny. :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top