JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i simply dont understand why people who are going to cap themselves feel the need to take other people with them:confused:

those things happen more in the US then in lest say canada because any jackass get go get a gun with ease. buy ammo and kill people. if there are strong laws here like there are up north the chance of this happining would be less. why do America have the highest murder rate of any 1st world nation....... because we have way to loose gun laws. stong gun laws with civilized people works. wouldnt work in mexico. but could work in the US

those things happen more in the US then in lest say canada because any jackass get go get a gun with ease. buy ammo and kill people. if there are strong laws here like there are up north the chance of this happining would be less. why do America have the highest murder rate of any 1st world nation....... because we have way to loose gun laws. stong gun laws with civilized people works. wouldnt work in mexico. but could work in the US

Yeah its worked great in Canada, Australia, and Britain, all of which saw increased crime rates with stricter firearm legislation. However Finland, Switzerland, Denmark, and Israel all have a higher percentage of gun ownership than the US, with less strict laws, and yet have lower crime rates than the US. There has never been any country that has shown a decrease in crime rates with stricter gun laws.

Do you really think someone intent on committing a crime such as murder is going to just go ahead and follow the law to get their firearm?

Or is this grammatical atrocity a feeble attempt at trolling on a firearms forum?

Lush-it's not the firearm(s) that is the problem, it's the criminal mind. A decorated police officer with twenty years of service can snap one day and kill with a gun. His or her gun did not wake up one day and decide to go kill another human. I had a friend who's father was a cop for over fifteen years in California... one night he tried to kill his wife and he called 911 and told dispatch to come get his body and that he is going to try and kill his wife. He beat his wife almost to death, took his revolver and blew his brains out. It's the human that kills not the gun.... well actually I would say it's the bullet/projectile that does the damage but my point is that we can't control the criminal mind and that is the problem. If anything, more people should be armed because evil is everywhere. But we must also understand that just because you carry, you are not 100% safe..... just look at the officer who died.... he was armed, probably was wearing body armor, he was trained and yet he lost his life to an act of crime. At least the nut job didn't take more lives but if he tried it would have been very easy because I bet you most people on campus were not armed.

Lush-it's not the firearm(s) that is the problem, it's the criminal mind. A decorated police officer with twenty years of service can snap one day and kill with a gun. His or her gun did not wake up one day and decide to go kill another human. I had a friend who's father was a cop for over fifteen years in California... one night he tried to kill his wife and he called 911 and told dispatch to come get his body and that he is going to try and kill his wife. He beat his wife almost to death, took his revolver and blew his brains out. It's the human that kills not the gun.... well actually I would say it's the bullet/projectile that does the damage but my point is that we can't control the criminal mind and that is the problem. If anything, more people should be armed because evil is everywhere. But we must also understand that just because you carry, you are not 100% safe..... just look at the officer who died.... he was armed, probably was wearing body armor, he was trained and yet he lost his life to an act of crime. At least the nut job didn't take more lives but if he tried it would have been very easy because I bet you most people on campus were not armed.

That is one of the best posts I have read in this entire web site. Thanks!

I'm sticking by my assertion most random acts of violence are perpetrated by the mentally ill. I would never risk my freedom just to make a point, or to get attention... So, I think mental illness has to be addressed in this case, not the gun laws. Some guy in the Portland area set fire to his house and started shooting at random just last week; he was a diagnosed schizophrenic.

Black market justice and domestic violence are far more common than random shootings. The random shootings are what the public is scared of. I think they should worry more more about the psychotic ex's running around..

However Finland, Switzerland, Denmark, and Israel all have a higher percentage of gun ownership than the US, with less strict laws, and yet have lower crime rates than the US.

Denmark? I lived there for 5 years and know for a fact that handguns have to stay at the gun club and shotguns are not very common even on farms.

I agree with biggie24420. That's why I support CCW on college campuses. If more people carried then more lives could be saved. Guns laws will never control crime because laws are irrelevant to someone's motives, evil, or psychological illness. If someone wants a gun bad enough they'll find a way to circumvent gun laws to get one. I know it sounds counter-intuitive to increase the number of carried weapons to reduce crime or at least death, but think about it like the Wild West. Crime and murder was rampant, and this was only reduced not through legislation or gun laws, but through an increase of guns carried for defense.

"This year will go down in history.For the first time,a civilized nation has full gun registration.Our streets will be safer,our police more efficient,and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935

"This year will go down in history.For the first time,a civilized nation has full gun registration.Our streets will be safer,our police more efficient,and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935

Didn't you know? You can't post quotes from Adolf Hitler or use him as an example for gun control unless you want Stormfront/Arian Brotherhood/Anti-Semite types explaining to you about how Hitler was just a misunderstood individual and that "gun cotrol" was actually in place before Hitler...oh and that whole Holocaust thing is just exaggerated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top