JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Portland
State
Oregon
I bought this 45 more years ago then i can remember , i would guess 25 or 30.
When i bought it ,it was a late 60s Colt commander, I shot it and carried it a lot, but the old colt sights were none to good, so i sent it to Don Williams, (the action works) and had him put a set of Heinnie strait 8s on it, give it a reliability package, fit a beavertail and match bushing. and trigger job.
Shortly after receiving the Colt Don called and informed me the frame had a slight Crack at the Slide lock hole. So at his suggestion i ordered a Caspian frame and shipped it to him.
And he rebuilt the gun on the new stainless frame. So what it is now is a Custom Commander built by a top smith with a Colt slide and barrel, caspian frame Strait 8s , that lost there glow long ago. Nice double diamond grips, match bushing drop in beavertail.and a few other things i cant remember. I put about 1200.00 into it 25 years ago when that bought a bunch more than it does now ! But i have alloy framed Dan Wesson that is so light in comparison, this one never gets carried.
I value it a around a grand, for trade purposes, but am flexible if you have something i want.
I like lever guns Good revolvers , am drooling for a .45 LC Blackhawk or Bisley, (no Vaqueroes).
A full size Colt 1911 or a Defender, would get my attention. FN bolt guns, Maybe a GI 30 carbine ! I would take cash offers too...thanks !

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
When i bought it ,it was a late 60s Colt commander, I shot it and carried it a lot, but the old colt sights were none to good, so i sent it to Don Williams, (the action works) and had him put a set of Heinnie strait 8s on it, give it a reliability package, fit a beavertail and match bushing. and trigger job.
Shortly after receiving the Colt Don called and informed me the frame had a slight Crack at the Slide lock hole. So at his suggestion i ordered a Caspian frame and shipped it to him.
And he rebuilt the gun on the new stainless frame. So what it is now is a Custom Commander built by a top smith with a Colt slide and barrel, caspian frame Strait 8s , that lost there glow long ago. Nice double diamond grips, match bushing drop in beavertail.and a few other things i cant remember. I put about 1200.00 into it 25 years ago when that bought a bunch more than it does now ! But i have alloy framed Dan Wesson that is so light in comparison, this one never gets carried.
I value it a around a grand, for trade purposes, but am flexible if you have something i want.
I like lever guns Good revolvers , am drooling for a .45 LC Blackhawk or Bisley, (no Vaqueroes).
A full size Colt 1911 or a Defender, would get my attention. FN bolt guns, Maybe a GI 30 carbine ! I would take cash offers too...thanks !

Pictures please

20190606_175343.jpg 20190606_175331.jpg
20190606_175343.jpg 20190606_175331.jpg

Still available?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.