JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fun is the meaning of life. I need all I can get.

If we didn't need it we could save a bundle just by buying a side of beef instead of hunting that deer or elk.
Yeah we would like to see some pictures of your project. There is too much other serious stuff in life to worry about.

I made one out of an old band saw blade, works real good around the fishing hole we hang out at.

My uncle (the one that has the knife) is only 1.5 years older than I......my Mom's youngest brother. :) My mom is gone, but two of her younger brothers are still living. One, however, is just about gone.:(

image.jpg

Here are a couple I forged from jackhammer bits. The handle is what used to be the shank

I used a question mark in the title because I really don't know how well this will work. I am using an old chainsaw bar to make a 18" blade machete. Others have done it, but I don't know the end result. Here is the beginning....roughed out with plasma cutter. The plasma cutter burns ~ 1/16" in from the cut, so slowly grinding out the plasma cuts rough edges will take out the soft material......at least this is what I'm thinking (and hoping).

You can buy one at Harbor freight for $5.99 if you use the coupon $4.99
:s0055:

Bought a valve spring compressor at Harbor Freight and used it on a Honda Civic. It collapsed on the first spring without compressing the spring enough to release it. Took it back and they said "What do you expect for $5.00 (or whatever it was we paid). They wouldn't replace it. Not a fan of Harbor Freight products.

I was just being a smart arse . good way to recycle that chain saw bar but looks like a lot of time spent compared to just buying one done for $4.99 . but i know its about just enjoying making something from scrap .

you ought to see what i recycle for target stands and targets

That is pretty slick that Jack, here is one I did of an old broken Christmas tree knife. I is some very high quality German Stainless. I have posted this before.

There is a guy in the Portland Sellwood area making knives from HC railroad spikes and selling them for around 300 bucks!

That will be one hell of a brush cleaver! If I were building that for me might add a high strength leather strap. If you slip with that one it will hurt.

knife1.JPG

A lanyard is in the planning. Notice the "extra" hole at the butt end? Looking for handle material now. Thought I had some oak laying around, but so far the pieces I've found are a bit too small.

My son (machinist) roughed out a 1/4" piece of 1/2 hard copper with a slot for a guard. Much oversized so I can shape it to the handle. I'll use copper rivets to attach the handle and they will match.

100_4532web.jpg

A lanyard is in the planning. Notice the "extra" hole at the butt end? Looking for handle material now. Thought I had some oak laying around, but so far the pieces I've found are a bit too small.

Cocobolo or Micarta. Even the Brown linen board (phenolic) is tough as hell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top