Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A Good Thing!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jmh119, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Some may recall an earlier post of mine, in which I told you about starting my daughters gun education. It has taken a new turn this evening. I was removing some 9mm cases from the tumbler and she asked me what I was doing and why. So I explained it to her and she wanted to help. Ultimately, we ended up picking 100 cases for her to step thru the entire process with! In the pictures below, she is sorting some of the brass she picked up at Brown's Camp on one of our trips there. She has a good eye for sorting it and does not hesitate to question the quality of a case. I have a feeling that this could develop into some good father & daughter time! :D

IMG_0795_800x600.jpg

IMG_0796_800x600.jpg

2. Wallygator

Wallygator Albany, OR Active Member

Ya, If I could only keep this one interested, She thought pulling the handle and watching the done one fall was pretty cool. But I had to do the rest.

rloadai1.jpg

wg

3. jmh119

Hopefully it will come with time Wallygator! My daughter had absolutely zero interest in anything related to firearms prior to this year.

4. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool. :)

5. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

My 8 year old got curious about my reloading. So we ended up loading 80 or so 45 ACP's together. It made me smile but she soon figured out that it was work after the first few and wanted to quit but I wouldn't let her. :D

This was on a progressive with me attentively supervising after she got it figured out of course. She was very careful because in the past I have reminder her on many occasions that the difference between a bullet and a bomb is just a little bit of powder.

6. jmh119

Very cool. I am sure that she will get into it more at time goes on.

7. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Great time with kids for sure.

NoHair has his kids load his .308 belts for his machine guns.

His son Andrew is waaaaay faster on the reloading press loading .44 Mag than I am. I think he is 9-10yrs old.

8. jmh119

That's funny. I get the feeling that my daughter will be faster than I am too. Guess it goes along with my needing glasses now to read the small print!

9. nitetime

nitetime Springtucky Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sometimes a guy just pops up to the forums just to get away from the dreadful news on tv or all the gunk on the internet and you run into a post like this.. Talk about lifting up a guys spirits.. Thanks for the post and lift!!

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

How dare you! You're creating a future mass murderer! Surely your daughter will acquire the blood lust from even being exposed to this activity. Just ask her teachers! Unless of course they were like mine and went hunting with me.

Can you guess that I'm an old fart. :laugh:

11. jmh119

I used to walk down the road with my shotgun or 22 rifle in hand. Cops would just wave to me. Guess that dates me a little too! As to exposing her to reloading.... we went shooting first! She wants to go back! So I think that this activity was not to blame. :)