JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most require you to buy their own ammo, otherwise they charge a $5-10 per box "inspection" fee.

There is a certain range in Sherwood that limits people to purchase 1 box, and still charges their lame $10-12 per box fee if you bring you own.

Thank you everyone! No, they don't have to be indoor. It was my preference but not a requirement! Actually after I posted this I tried to go back & edit the title but couldn't figure out how to... Outdoor please!!! Bill

Northwest. Arsenal is open and you can bring your own ammo a little expensive unless you are a member
Izzak. Walton is a members only. Which is nice. But they are having issues right now getting people thru orientation due to Covid
There's also Emerald empire gun range is public but last time I checked they are still closed ( $10.00). Maybe things have opened up now. I went out today to do a quick test a new lot number of ammo I purchased.. Out in the woods south west of Eugene about 30 miles ( 500 yards )

NW Arsenal is the only indoor in the Eugene surrounding area. Can do walk in or membersip, but spendy either way. You can bring own ammo, rent handguns and automatics, or bring your own pistols. They have an area for rifle but requires membership and extra fees.

Emerald Empire Gun Club is an NRA outdoor member and non member range. Very reasonable either way. Targets are 7.5 yards up to 100 with several covered bays. Shoot all day for $10, no extra firearm fees, targets, range scope, rests all for free. Lots of fun. Members have access anytime with key cards and a 200 yard range.

Izaak Walton is members only outdoors. Don't know much about it, but generally have heard decent things.

There are 1 or 2 others in Creswell/Cottage Grove, but know nothing about them.

Albany Rifle and Pistol is members only, but can invite guests. I've never been there, but seems to be very popular and well regarded. I think there are several members here.

Willamette National Forest, Shotgun Creek, etc. but do your reaserch as there are lots of restricted areas, Weyerhaeuser land, etc.

Izaak Walton is THE TITS! I frequent that range weekly and most pistol bays have a permanent dueling tree set up, it's self policing with "private" bays. The rifle range is pretty good, too but only goes out to 200yds. Also has permanent steel targets anyone can shoot, but no AP ammo obviously. Machine guns allowed with board approval, any caliber welcome so long as it's standard powder charge is 100gr or less (no .50BMG, guys)

I belong to Izaak Walton, middle of the day, middle of the week I can take over a pistol bay and set up my chronograph, and shoot away. They do have a rule no rifle calibers in the pistol bays because the AR guys were tearing up the dueling trees. They have cameras up so if they catch you they turn off you gate fob and you have to go in front of the board. Rifles on the rifle range and pistols in the pistol bays works for me.
Emerald Empire is a public range so they have to manage it for the lowest common denominator. Generally if you play by the rules the range officers will leave you alone. I go out there once in a while to zero a rifle on a week end and to shoot bowling pins when they have those matches when I can.
I've not shot at the indoor range, I've always been an outdoorzy woods kind of a guy and shot full auto in the service. Sure I'd like to shoot a Thompson just because but will wait for one of my good ol' boys to come with and we'll shoot it as a birthday present to each other.

Thank You Everyone! I checked out the websites for Northwest Arsenal & Emerald Empire. Thinking I'll go to Emerald Empire, website says they opened up on June 18th. but I'll call to confirm... Thanks again! Bill

I belong to Izaak Walton, middle of the day, middle of the week I can take over a pistol bay and set up my chronograph, and shoot away. They do have a rule no rifle calibers in the pistol bays because the AR guys were tearing up the dueling trees. They have cameras up so if they catch you they turn off you gate fob and you have to go in front of the board. Rifles on the rifle range and pistols in the pistol bays works for me.
Emerald Empire is a public range so they have to manage it for the lowest common denominator. Generally if you play by the rules the range officers will leave you alone. I go out there once in a while to zero a rifle on a week end and to shoot bowling pins when they have those matches when I can.
I've not shot at the indoor range, I've always been an outdoorzy woods kind of a guy and shot full auto in the service. Sure I'd like to shoot a Thompson just because but will wait for one of my good ol' boys to come with and we'll shoot it as a birthday present to each other.
I am the same way and prefer to be outdoors. Since NW Arsenal has changed from Baron's Den, the pistol and machine gun rentals and fees are much more reasonable. I think Baron's Den charged about $100 to shoot the Tommy. NW Arsenal has several automatics including a SAW, MP5, M16, AK, and many others. I took my youngest (16) there are the beginning of Covid to give him something to do and to try a machine gun. Unfortunately, due to ammo shortages, they did not have the ammo to shoot any and I did not think to bring any as for a long time, they were using non-lead frangible (that has now changed as they have repaired their ventilation). However, the owner caught us as we were leaving and offered him 3 30 round magazines for the MP5 both suppressed and unsuppressed. Needless to say, he had a HUGE smile on his face afterwards. He wanted me to shoot it suppressed as I had never tried a suppressor or an MP%. Dad had a huge smile on his face as well. Although it was over in just a few minutes, it was well worth the $20 a magazine to see him smile like that. Their website has the prices for shooting each of the automatics and the rentals to try the handguns.

I have driven by Izaak Walton, but because of the gate and surrounding trees, brush, etc. never got a good look at the range. There is not much online either to check it out. About the only thing I know about it was the police officer who shot himself (in the foot?) getting in or out of the car if I remember correctly. Embarrassing, but glad he was okay,

Emerald is tight with their ranges given their NRA standards and working for the lowest common denominator. I used to shoot .22 at their indoor range when I was a kid, but that is long gone. Most times it is pretty good out there, but can be busy on weekends and when the weather is good. I have also been there a few times when certain groups or individuals do not follow instructions to be behind the line as they change targets n the range. This does not go over well. Seems to happen to one particular group a little more than others.

Albany rifle, etc,,is good with many different bays available.
Mildly costly, and members have to go through an hour of general rules before allowed to buy in.
Some pistol bays only, trap bays, and many members say that 500 yard bay coming soon.
Covered area for some relief from Oregon weather in winter. Indoor range for 22 cal.
Separate outdoor trap range about 10 miles north, but accessible from HWy 20 between Albany and Lebanon.
Membership is a little costly, but Mrs and I take periods of use whenever we choose.
Tom in Lebanon

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads