Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A good day shooting...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ORSECTRAIN, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ORSECTRAIN

ORSECTRAIN Sherwood, Oregon Member

Just had a nice day at the range.

It was pouring down rain, 38(ish) degrees, windy, soaking wet ice cold hands, my jacket was wet inside and out, noticed my hands were shaking, targets blew off/over a couple times, we tried a new drill, and everyone qualified on the first try.

In short an AWESOME day!

Respectfully,

ORSECTRAIN
    "Be Safe Out There!"

2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Gotta love COLD hands on COLD steel, NOT!

That's why I joined an indoor range....Of course now I spend three times the money on ammo per month than I did.

Mike

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

It should go without saying, a day shooting is a good day in my book.

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Sounds epic! My personal philosophy is that if you're out shooting then it's a good day. However, I might have to rethink that considering what you endured. Guess I am becoming more of a fair weather shooter with each passing year!

5. Gaius

Gaius Oregon Member

I was up just before the snow. Sprinked on me half the time, and I got 2 inch thick mud-treads on my boots from checking the targets. Best part: no one around for miles! Good days indeed.

Edit: And just the other day spent the day with friends, ended up being snowed on and an excessive wind made for frozen hands and slight adjustments for the 350 yard target. :)