JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would have to say I have had the most fun with my .50cal muzzle loader. But most fun weapon? over the years shooting all the firearms I have owned as well as those of my dad (I tend not to shoot other peoples firearms out of principle) I don't know which would rate as the most fun. Would it be Dads 1934 Winchester Model 71 Deluxe rifle in .348Win or his 1905 Winchester Model 1895 in 30-40Krag that I now own. No clue I guess.

Jeez, so many.. maybe the MG3.. nothing like 1300rpm of 7.62 NATO goodness ripping downrange. Those things are sweet.. kinda like spraying a lead hose.. it'd set you back a tiny bit from prone but you could get back on instantly and surgically destroy bubblegume with it.

My Kimber .22-K Hornet. Here's why, it is powerful enough to really blow up a grey digger but mild enough to watch its impact through the scope!

8" and 175mm Howitzer! Again, here's why. If you stand on your heels on the front of the vehicle with your toes hanging out over the ground, upon recoil the front of the track and you jerk 6+ feet into the air! The forces involved hold you perfectly in that position all the way up and down. You literally can't fall! It's really weird, there is an extremely violent explosion next to you (especially with the shorter 8"), then you are jerked into the air in a milisecond, and then dropped gently down again! Need to wear your ear plugs, hold your hands tightly over your ears and keep your mouth wide open, it's truly violent! We could never get enough of it.

I can only offer a different type of cool. I've never fired any really big guns or machine guns, so it came down to the time I was at a range firing my Mosin and noticed the guy in the lane next to me had a C96 Mauser. We got to talking about it, and he let me get some trigger time. That was actually the first handgun I fired.

An old 16 ga single shot. Took a knack to shoot and have it stay together.
A hand me down from Grandad.
I liked to hand it to someone when out shooting and stand back and watch.
If you didn't grip it just right, the forend came off, the barrel separated and fell down and stuck in the ground and they were left with the stock in one hand and the forend in the other and a very dumb look on their face.
Must have pulled that on 2 or 3 dozen people.

Oh yes, and the Ontos
ontos.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0t-0l0Zv0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRzZMuvrg8
m_50_ontos_multiple_106mm_625_x_400_417765399.jpg

ontos.jpg

m_50_ontos_multiple_106mm_625_x_400_417765399.jpg

Desert Eagle 50ae, people talk smack about them and I actually only bought mine because I got it for a good price and thought I'd sell it to my buddy that'd been looking for one. After taking my first few shots I was convinced I'll probably never sell it, I was grinning ear to ear. Now I get the same grin just seeing it in my safe.

I went out shooting with some of my long range guns recently, some of which are pretty spendy, plus optics and so on. I realized I was having more fun shooting my $300 iron sights swiss K31. The feel, the action, the trigger, all superb. Finely built, super fun gun.

I can only offer a different type of cool. I've never fired any really big guns or machine guns, so it came down to the time I was at a range firing my Mosin and noticed the guy in the lane next to me had a C96 Mauser. We got to talking about it, and he let me get some trigger time. That was actually the first handgun I fired.

A Broomhandle is a pretty darned cool pistol to shoot for the first time!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top