JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
I see with this new version it shows 'similar threads' on the bottom when a current thread is opened.

Most of these are older so I am just suggesting to everyone BEFORE POSTING to one of these threads to look at the date of the thread, especially the date of the last post as it may no longer be relevant.

This is a real issue on a couple other forums I am on and adds to the forum clutter and results in some confusion.

I see with this new version it shows 'similar threads' on the bottom when a current thread is opened.

Most of these are older so I am just suggesting to everyone BEFORE POSTING to one of these threads to look at the date of the thread, especially the date of the last post as it may no longer be relevant.

This is a real issue on a couple other forums I am on and adds to the forum clutter and results in some confusion.
What if they are oldies but goodies:)

Yeah, zombie threads add clutter and confusion for sure, but are also potentially embarrassing. Bad enough to discover that you shared the same "fish story" for each of three resurrections. Even worse to realize - as could anyone else - that your fish grew six inches with each telling.

What if they are oldies but goodies
That could very well be but most of the time a thread ends due to lack of further interest, the question answered, the issue being discussed no longer relevant etc.

If there is NEW information that may be of interest to the thread, be informative or change the outcome by all means post about it - but don't answer a question that was asked years ago in the original post.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top