Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A friend just sold a pistol and he's unsure if he has to submit a form in WA

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

A friend of mine just sold a pistol and he's under the impression that he needs to submit this form to the state:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652004.pdf

I never knew a form like this existed, and I told him he certainly wasn't required to submit it, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

He does not have to submit any form, that's a volunteer thing only.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

that form is only if the 1st owner wants it out of his name and into new owners name.
    NOT Required to do

4. swampertwo

swampertwo Just moved to Olympic peninsula!! Active Member

Why get .gov involved if they don't need to be.
    He can keep buyers name for his own record (in case of any official inquiry).

5. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Since the original purchaser of the gun is on the FFL forms, this just lets ATF and the state know who the gun has been transferred to.

Its not required...I don't recommend it...but the seller may want his name of the gun.

I purchased a gun earlier this year from a guy in the Seattle area, and wanted his name of it...so he had me fill out that form.

6. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

If he bought it from a dealer in WA .gov is already involved. DOL to be exact.