JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great article and so true!!!! I dont think there is one town, city or county that is properly staffed anywhere in the U.S.

It amazes me the sheeple in the largest cities think the local LE's will protect them.

Great article and so true!!!! I dont think there is one town, city or county that is properly staffed anywhere in the U.S.

It amazes me the sheeple in the largest cities think the local LE's will protect them.

As the article states, most LE agencies are overstaffed,,,and it gives a false sense of security to the people. They expect the police to respond and protect them.

One thing he did not mention is: Most police forces are pricing themselves out of existence. I have seen quite a few small towns contract with the local Sheriff rather than foot the expense of a police force, This will happen more and more as the tax/money crunch continues and cities (and states and counties) try to find ways to reduce costs to stay within their income.

I was watching a new show called Panic 911. For those of you who have not seen it its a show about 911 calls with time lines. Two things really stuck out to me.

The first one is the response time of police 5 to 7 minutes in city's. It really proves the point of the artical. If some wants to break in your house an hurt or kill you They got plenty of time.

The second thing that really caught my attention was the 911 disbatchers telling the callers who had guns out to put them down. "They have police enroute". The police were not even there yet. Put your weapon down? Really?

I actually DVRed it and watched it with my wife. I told her god forbid but if anything ever happend and a disbatcher tells you to put down your gun. Don't do it! Under no circumstances. You only put down your gun When you here officers in the house yelling police.

We both CCW and she shoots at least every other month. It was rough a first trying to get her to get her CCW and practice, now she enjoy's it to some extent. The more confident she gets the more she likes it. She was very anti gun when we meet. Now she sees the light. This artical proves that you are the first and best line of defence. Arm up and pracice pratice practice.

Saw that panic 911 show too and thought the same thing. The one in CA with the woman in the bedroom it was all about put the gun down. The one old lady in the country though, dispatch told her she could shoot.

Hi DMax,
Well back when I was LE I would Carry three Weapons on me. So I don't think this not unheard of at all. Also had a Shotgun and Rifle in the trunk. I also had knifes and some time a Saw off S/S Shotgun and few time a Submachine Gun.
But I worked U/C most of the time, So I was on my own.

The first one is the response time of police 5 to 7 minutes in city's. It really proves the point of the artical. If some wants to break in your house an hurt or kill you They got plenty of time.

+++for that article, glad to finally hear from a leo there take. as far as the 911 show all I have to say on that is someone who comes through my front door unwelcomed has two 180 lb great danes to get through and if they do that I doubt they will get past my .45, if they get past me then they have to contend with my wife and her sig.

As the article states, most LE agencies are overstaffed,,,and it gives a false sense of security to the people. They expect the police to respond and protect them.

One thing he did not mention is: Most police forces are pricing themselves out of existence. I have seen quite a few small towns contract with the local Sheriff rather than foot the expense of a police force, This will happen more and more as the tax/money crunch continues and cities (and states and counties) try to find ways to reduce costs to stay within their income.

hermannr no disrespect intended but here it is from the article "Police agencies are always undermanned and staff their shifts accordingly, with the largest number of officers when they are most needed, commonly the evening and midnight shifts, and particularly Friday and Saturday nights.

The day shift, the shift coinciding with school hours, is virtually always the most sparsely staffed"

The local LE's here can't ever get enough officers, they are told we don't have the money!

I for one would pay for what ever training was required for me to do this job, just so I would know my kids were safe!!!!!!!!

hermannr no disrespect intended but here it is from the article "Police agencies are always undermanned and staff their shifts accordingly, with the largest number of officers when they are most needed, commonly the evening and midnight shifts, and particularly Friday and Saturday nights.

The day shift, the shift coinciding with school hours, is virtually always the most sparsely staffed"

The local LE's here can't ever get enough officers, they are told we don't have the money!

I for one would pay for what ever training was required for me to do this job, just so I would know my kids were safe!!!!!!!!

They are only understaffed if you assume that joe citizen has no means of protecting themselves. They are over staffed when they can send 150 swat team members in armored cars to serve a warrent. You are assuming that the shool need a LEO on premisis when the present school staff could do the job just fine...if they were allowed to. But you have two unions in the way of a sane solution.

This county got along quite well without swat teams at all for well over 200 years. This country got along with a lot fewer LEO, Fed, state and local, then then have now. And we could do it again if everyone woke up and decided that they did not need a war on drugs, that they did not need their hands held, and everyone could provide their own security. (like they did for the first 200 years)

hermannr, You and I agree that armed and trained teachers are the best bet. I also think the idea off people volunteering with proper training as an on location response team would be a great idea. The places that have all these swat officers could reassign those officers to school duty. It would cut the response time down to 1 min or so with any one of these options. Plus if some wack job is thinking about doing something like this they would think twice knowing that there is going to be armed resistance.

If my our any of our tax dollars are paying for all these swat and tactical officers, I for one would like to see them protecting and serving my kids instead of waiting for somethng to happen and then responding to it.

You are so right about the people waking up and taking back control of OUR COUNTRY. It is a shame that so many people in this country have been raised thinking the gooberment will take care of them and protect them from all bad things and will give them whatever they need, when in all actuality it has allowed them to slowly take away our rights and make most people dependent to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top