JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At 5:45 A.M. today, I woke up to my wife screaming some A@$hole is trying to break-in to our house. She heard a nose coming from the far door, that we do not use. She approached the door and heard a slam, and heard the door handle trying to be turned rapidly. She looked out the window to see a 6' tall Mexican man trying to break-in. He was none-responsive to question of who he was, and what he was doing. I grabbed the nearest firearm to me, which is my carry, Kahr MK9, and preceded out another door to confront the assalint head on. I positioned myself within the 21 foot circle of lethal force. My wife grabbed her Lady Smith 357 w/ Crimson Trace, stood at a 90 degree angle to me (she was in the house pointing through the window). I told the guy to put his hands on his head and marched him to the property line. I called the police (took them 25 minutes to respond). I am outside of the city limits, so I had to wait for an off-duty Sheriff (our rural county has no Sheriff between 2:30am-7:00am). He was taken into custody and charged with Attempted Burglary 1, which is a Felony. He has been taken to the county jail.

This is exactly why every able bodied legal citizen should exercise their 2nd Amendment right! If I did not own a firearm, and I just called 911 to wait for the Sheriff the Criminal would have had plenty of time to rape the children and the women, then kill them, and be on his merry way before an Officer would have responded.

So keep your families safe, and your firearms loaded.

Good job protecting the family. :s0155: You should send this to some news sources and see if you can get any to air it or put it in print. No such thing as too much good publicity for gun ownership. Oh and submit it to American Rifleman for their armed citizen section. :)

Nice! Very Nice! and you are exactly right on about senerio playing out differently had you not owned firearms. the 90 degree part is something we need to discuss with our family members as well, that was great thinking.:s0155:

So I'm curious if you had to el persuado him'o verballyo, or if being on the business end naturally made him comply with hand gestures doing the communicating. Of course I suppose he could have spoken English as well.

These are the stories that need to be posted all over the news.
A family usng firearms in the correct way to help deter/ stop crime in it's tracks.
Thank You very much for being a responsible gun owner. Not just shooting from the hip killing a dirtbag, even though that's what we would all want to do in that situation out of fear and anger for your family.

Well done.

You deserve dessert with your dinner tonight.

Just dinner? I figure he should have it at every meal and somewhere between.

Though, good job for the OP. I only hope I could react as quickly as he could if someone tried to kick in the door.

But TBH, I wouldn't talk about this until the guy was convicted. Not that you did a bad thing, but if the guy has a decent defense lawyer, he will try to use a post like this against you. Lawyers are snakes in suits.

once you reached the property line, or even before that, what if the guy decided to just run away. A shooting would not have been justified. But petty burgalurs are not usually known for smarts. And true, were he to run, and you shot and killed, he's dead - right or wrong - and you have a body to explain outside of your house.

Don't get me wrong - good story and all that - I just like to think through these type scenarios should I ever encounter it.

I would have waited until he entered and given him 12 00 pellets in the face

Would have saved the taxpayers money, and maybe saved someone's life in the future

Glad you're OK, though

once you reached the property line, or even before that, what if the guy decided to just run away. A shooting would not have been justified. But petty burgalurs are not usually known for smarts...

The burglar was propably think about what the OP could do to him in this situation. He doesn't have on his mind that the homeowner won't shoot due to consequences, rather he's thinking about what he would do if he were on the other end of the gun.

"And coming up next a guy on the internet claims to have thwarted a would-be six foot tall Mexican robber by going outside armed."

I don't think they'd run it. ;)

the sheriff came, sure there's a report to validate that it happened. Would make a good news story. But somehow, methinks local channels here would find a way to spin it against the OP. Yeah - he's a racist. And a gun nut. And a right wing talk radio listener. The poor tall mexican needed to feed his family. Mean mean OP. :s0131:

I gotta admit, the 'six foot tall Mexican' part had me wondering for a second...there can't be too many of those running around :winkkiss:.

Good job on your safe, effective resolution of the situation :s0155:.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top