JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent the fax. Sent a round of e-mails and called the rules committee members today. As Ranb stated it didn't move today. I got the impression after the meeting, calling senator offices. That it was mostly a simple day and only things with no oposition got moved. Schoesler's office assured me that it is on his list to be pulled at his next chance. And that there would be atleast 3 but probably more, meetings of the rules committee before March 7th. I am not too worried yet. But I agree pick up the phone and tell them you want 5112 on the floor!

BTW. the lady at Rockefellers office was supper nice. And even joked that it wasn't on Phil's list of bills to be pulled, no one has asked him to. But is in support and said she doesn't know of any oposition and that it has alot of support and would be surprised if it didn't get pulled at the next meeting.

Zarelli , Rosemary, and White's assistants said that they haven't made a desicion either way. Everyone else has either voted for it in committee, supports it, or the last 3 are following up with me tomarrow once they ask the senators stance.

Amazing how many people were asking "do you want me to add it to the senators pull list, nobody has asked for it yet". I told them yes please. Even though I know they have bills with huge pull requests and will never pull 5112. Atleast they will have a pull sheet for it. :)

I haven't been on the forum in a while, so I was too late to pm my name/address. I copied, pasted, and personalized the fax above and sent an email through the state's website (sent to Zarelli and my two house reps). I understand that paper and fax are usually more effective, but I sent the email anyway. For those who have not yet done so, it is easy:

Find Your Legislator

Use that to find your legislator, click on his/her name, and choose "send email". I printed a copy and will snail mail that to my senator as well.

Ranb - great job on this, you too seattlewingsfan

Thanks for the clarification of the 1016 and the 5112. I was confused about it when I saw it posted about needing it to get the suppressor usage approved. I'll give those guys a call.

Just noticed that HB 1016 passed the 3rd reading yesterday. Anyone know what this means to the overall objective?

Mar 29 Rules suspended. Placed on Third Reading.
Third reading, passed; yeas, 47; nays, 0; absent, 0; excused, 2.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top