JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see the SBR in the photo posted, though I do see a shockwave style shotgun so I'm doubtful be had a sawn-off shotgun. The "illegal silencers" were probably solvent traps. This is anti gun article written by a non gun person. Of course, he's sunk anyway since he had forged federal badges and IDs
Probably were solvent traps. However, still could have resulted in:

"Department of Homeland Security agents recently alerted authorities in Rockland County, which includes Airmont, that Downey had bought an illegal rifle suppressor over the internet — information that led to a raid that uncovered a room full of guns and gun parts, the district attorney's office said..."

It just occurred to me that he may actually think he is a LEO because he is a Deputy Mayor?

Send. For. The deputy.
DUJV9uvX4AARWJR.jpg

Hopefully they don't plea bargain this down and he does his full stint in prison if found guilty of course. This type of idiot just reinforces all the made up beliefs liberals and gun rights haters have about all of the legal gun holders and lovers of the second amendment. No sympathy for him because there is no valid excuse for what he did.

Hopefully they don't plea bargain this down and he does his full stint in prison if found guilty of course. This type of idiot just reinforces all the made up beliefs liberals and gun rights haters have about all of the legal gun holders and lovers of the second amendment. No sympathy for him because there is no valid excuse for what he did.
What did he do?

I don't see the SBR in the photo posted, though I do see a shockwave style shotgun so I'm doubtful be had a sawn-off shotgun. The "illegal silencers" were probably solvent traps. This is anti gun article written by a non gun person. Of course, he's sunk anyway since he had forged federal badges and IDs
Look at rifle 2nd from right on bottom with what looks like a can.

1631200517298.png

I don't know? Maybe he had a "From My Cold Dead Hands" mantra? We hear it here from time to time and I'm real sure there are people here and elsewhere that don't talk about it, but will never turn their arms in while they are alive. What makes him so much different than some of us? It's not like he's some democrap that actually makes the laws? He's only supposed to follow/enforce the laws. Not much different than a policeman that believes laws maybe unjust, but his job is to enforce them. Just throwing a different angle out there to consider.

He may be deluded, and he may have broken gun control laws - but the only law many of us consider possibly valid/constitutional is the law regarding forged documents. Even there, unless he actually used those forged documents in some manner, would that pass constitutional muster?

Oh I don't know owning firearms in violation of the law. Also maybe making and possessing fake ids that say he was a federal court officer, D. E. A agent, and an F. B. I. agent. But you decide.
I decided and the firearm charges are ridiculous. I can't on one hand protest at how much I hate these infringements and at the same time hope he doesn't get any breaks in the sentencing. Badges meh!, seems harmless unless he was impersonating a cop and busting people. I see fake badges on tv shows all the time. Put me on the jury and it won't be a unanimous guilty verdict.

He may be deluded, and he may have broken gun control laws - but the only law many of us consider possibly valid/constitutional is the law regarding forged documents. Even there, unless he actually used those forged documents in some manner, would that pass constitutional muster?
Exactly! fake badges are used on tv and in the movies all the time. It's what you do with them that matters.

Yah, plus said forgeries were in a lock box. A lock box he didn't open, a lock box they broke into.

The forged stuff could turn into forbidden fruit, depending upon the legalities of NY, the search warrant etc.

Why do I get the feeling the "shall not be infringed" means "shall be infringed" to a lot of people, including firearm owners?
Because people who you don't identify with are unsympathetic to you on a subconscious level.

And no matter how many times a person slides into the gray areas themselves, no one else should ever get away with it. Not once. Not even through simple ignorance.

Why do I get the feeling the "shall not be infringed" means "shall be infringed" to a lot of people, including firearm owners?
Like any other sample of the population, their beliefs vary.

There are those who believe in strong gun control, others who believe in moderate gun control (define that however you wish), those who believe in very minimal gun control, and those of us who believe in no control at all.

Add onto that those who will comply with existing laws and those who will not.

I am somewhere between minimal and no control - I believe there is a case for arguing that a few people probably should not be allowed to have guns; e.g., those who have proved by past actions, that they will (not might - will) use firearms in a criminal manner to harm innocents.

But I comply (so far) with existing gun control laws because I do not wish to be arrested, convicted, have my property confiscated and quite probably windup in prison. Primarily because I have a daughter to care for, less so because I probably wouldn't last five minutes in prison. To me it is a matter of survival for my family and myself. That may change in the future.

So in principle, I do not have a problem with someone who does not comply, except to note parenthetically that if they get caught, then they knew what they were doing, and if they supported gun control, that they may be hypocritical in their support of gun control laws.

Like any other sample of the population, their beliefs vary.

There are those who believe in strong gun control, others who believe in moderate gun control (define that however you wish), those who believe in very minimal gun control, and those of us who believe in no control at all.

Add onto that those who will comply with existing laws and those who will not.

I am somewhere between minimal and no control - I believe there is a case for arguing that a few people probably should not be allowed to have guns; e.g., those who have proved by past actions, that they will (not might - will) use firearms in a criminal manner to harm innocents.

But I comply (so far) with existing gun control laws because I do not wish to be arrested, convicted, have my property confiscated and quite probably windup in prison. Primarily because I have a daughter to care for, less so because I probably wouldn't last five minutes in prison. To me it is a matter of survival for my family and myself. That may change in the future.

So in principle, I do not have a problem with someone who does not comply, except to note parenthetically that if they get caught, then they knew what they were doing, and if they supported gun control, that they may be hypocritical in their support of gun control laws.
Fair enough, but if I believe a law that somebody violated is unconstitutional, I will not "hope" that they get the max sentence.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top