JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted a gunbelt that could hold my gun a bit more secure. I have tried good quality standard leather belts but they are too thin and the holes stretch out.

I finally found a belt locally to see if a better belt would help hold my gun in place. It is a Galco Instructor's belt. The one I found was black.

The instructor's belt is nothing fancy. It is just a simple reinforced web belt but it does an amazing job. It is not pretty but it fits in with casual dress very well. I like it so much I ordered a coyote brown one from online today. Now I will have a black and brown one.

The belt has a metal tension style buckle and velcro holding straps to prevent the belt from slipping. The solid construction holds my holster (Glaco IWB Summer Comfort with my new Springfield EMP) so securely I am not finding myself needing readjust it's position several times a day. It stays right were I put it.

Best part, the bels were only $39 each. :)

Glaco Instructor's Belt

Belt1.jpg

Belt2.jpg

The problem with the Instructor's belt is that it doesn't look like a regular belt.

I have a couple of Milt Sparks leather gunbelts that, while pretty expensive, look like normal lether belts. They work well with IWB and OWB holsters.

The problem with the Instructor's belt is that it doesn't look like a regular belt.

I have a couple of Milt Sparks leather gunbelts that, while pretty expensive, look like normal lether belts. They work well with IWB and OWB holsters.
Nobody ever sees my belt. I always have on a hoodie, vest, or an untucked dress shirt.

I have the <broken link removed> of this - been very happy with it so far. It does help keep your holster/mag pouch more stable. Its adjustability lets you get just the right tightness to carry your gun comfortably. My other gun belt has traditional belt holes & they aren't quite at the right spot (although, I'm sure you could solve this by getting a custom belt made).

I agree that it doesn't look like a "regular" belt & that can be limiting (especially w/ dress slacks). However, I think it does just fine with jeans/khakis (similar to an REI web belt I have).

Another great place to find a good gun belt is Ted Blocker holsters in Tigard. Their gear is very good. The service has been excellent. I used to use Bianchi belts but they wouldn't last 6 months (stretch, twist, bend) . The belts from Blocker's are much better and they have a great selection of styles.

BTW in the last 3 years I have only had to buy 2 belts from them for my EDC rigs, and not because one wore out-I just wanted a seperate belt for my IWB and my OWB (both of which are Ted Blocker holsters :)).

Buy local!!

Another great place to find a good gun belt is Ted Blocker holsters in Tigard. Their gear is very good. The service has been excellent. I used to use Bianchi belts but they wouldn't last 6 months (stretch, twist, bend) . The belts from Blocker's are much better and they have a great selection of styles.

BTW in the last 3 years I have only had to buy 2 belts from them for my EDC rigs, and not because one wore out-I just wanted a seperate belt for my IWB and my OWB (both of which are Ted Blocker holsters :)).

Buy local!!
Does he have an actual store/showroom where you can just walk in and buy something or is it all special order?

I should mention that some of my holsters were "made to order" for my guns. An example is that my IWB EDC for my Kimber is not a generic "1911" holster. It was made for my specific model (CDP Pro) and is marked as such. They have something in the neighborhood of several hundred metal forms for specific weapons that they use to press the leather for the holsters. Their shop is large (4500sf) and all the work is done in house.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top