JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A few of us are going up to Yacolt Burn State Forest, (NE of Washougal, Washington) to do a little clean up at a site and do a lot of target shooting. This is not a NWFA official event, just a few folks who enjoy shooting, want to meet each other and share in some good times with target shooting.

Not coordinating with WA DNR and not in association with any businesses. (Although, we will let them know we are there and where we'll leave the trash bags). Just recreationalists doing our recreating thing. You are welcome to partake.

Sat June 13th, 9 am.

Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/PbBmN

GPS Coordinance: 45.677424, -122.283867

@GunRightsCoalition is heading this up and I'm chipping in to help.

See you there!

P1070764.JPG

@Cogs Is that the place we stopped at when driving back after clean up the burn?

Yes it is. I'm sure it's messed up by now. It's the first good spot you come to when you enter the forest from the Jones Creek Trail head side.

Be sure to try out that new Redfield scope! ;)

Hoping to do that. Have to get the mount changed so the Redfield will work. Old mount is just that... really old.

I'm going to call Steve Rhodes in the morning. Been meaning to all week but with getting ready to drive to Spokane to get my daughter it has slid by. Just walked in from the trip so I can put some attention to this tomorrow. Also does anyone know of it is Washington or Oregon as there is a Jones Creek Trail in the TSF as well.

Okay, I just talked to Steve Rhodes with DNR. They will be helping support this by supplying forest passes for the day along with some supplies for the cleanup. (Garbage Bags, Gloves) There is a fire that was burning just south of the area however he indicated that they are just wrapping it up now and will keep me posted if that changes. Please share this out with anyone in the area as these cleanup and target practice events are a great way to portray a positive image to the community and even more so those are our lands that we need to take care of.

Was just up there today and the place isn't too bad. Just lots off shells not too much garbage. We raked a little bit up , left ya plenty though. Have fun shootin. No sign of that fire.

IMG_0025_zpsgjn1zpio.jpg

Last Edited:
Thank you GunRights! This is the kind of effort we need to see more of. NWFA members taking it on themselves to just go out and do it. Just because they care. (They also want a good excuse to get together and shoot!) :)

This event is a little different. Open carry of firearms is good to go at this one. The reason being, this is not a DNR sponsored, or co-sponsored event. We are not volunteering for a DNR sanctioned event. Simply, it's a few folks meeting to target shoot and plan to clean up the area before and after. Therefore, we are recreating on our own time and have the right to carry any way we wish.

The rule about 'no open display of firearms while on state or federal volunteer time' needs to be changed. I'd like to know who included that rule and why. I'd like to have them delete that part. After all, it's still our own time, when we volunteer, and we should not have to give up any of our rights when joining a volunteer event. Especially in the woods!

If anyone has some insight on how to go about starting a change in this rule, let me know. It may take some searching and planning, but I think we should move towards a change in this rule.

Again, thanks, GunRightsCoalition! I'll see you in the morning!

Bill

Hopefully it was a good time. I see there were 2 events today and I missed both:mad: had a BBQ with the wife and we all know we don't piss them off :eek:

It went fine. A bit disappointed that not many attended this event. Only had about 7 ? (GunRigntsCoalition has an accurate count). All were open carry! (Except me. Nothing to carry! Hope I can change that soon!)

The place primarily was full of shotgun shells and some trash and brass. I'm sure clean up was quick (I had to leave about 10:30).

Something about 'Summer' that makes people NOT get involved. Seems that Spring time we get a lot of interest and activity in volunteering for things, however, when Summer starts, everyone's time is in short supply. Understandable indeed! Mine as well.

We'll see how the turn out is for the next one or two. It's still a learning curve but we are learning and trying new things (like with this event... No pre-approval from DNR, Open Carry event and only posted in the Outdoor section). I like the first two parts but think next time we'll put it in the Volunteer section.

Thanks again, GunRights! Good show of dedication and stewardship!

Bill

It went fine. A bit disappointed that not many attended this event. Only had about 7 ? (GunRigntsCoalition has an accurate count). All were open carry! (Except me. Nothing to carry! Hope I can change that soon!)

The place primarily was full of shotgun shells and some trash and brass. I'm sure clean up was quick (I had to leave about 10:30).

Something about 'Summer' that makes people NOT get involved. Seems that Spring time we get a lot of interest and activity in volunteering for things, however, when Summer starts, everyone's time is in short supply. Understandable indeed! Mine as well.

We'll see how the turn out is for the next one or two. It's still a learning curve but we are learning and trying new things (like with this event... No pre-approval from DNR, Open Carry event and only posted in the Outdoor section). I like the first two parts but think next time we'll put it in the Volunteer section.

Thanks again, GunRights! Good show of dedication and stewardship!

Bill
Bill

After being involved with an organization that planned events, we always found Summer to be a difficult time to nail down attendance and volunteers. We also found it's doubly problematic when its close to the end or the beginning of the school year. Families have tons of events during the summer time. Don't get discouraged, you all are doing a great thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top