JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
everytime i have gone here their guns are more for a used gun than a new model and they wont really haggle on price,then i tried to pawn a gun and scope there when i hit rough times and they wanted to give me $150 for an $1100 set up.
same with beaverton pawn though,i know its a business and needs to make a profit but i would rather borrow from a mob boss
it would be easier to have your legs broken if you dont pay back the amount you borrowed than get raped by these two pawn shops.
i will never give either of them a dime again because they over charge but give no break to long time customers

Pawn shops are TERRIBLE for purchasing handguns, at least in medford. 5 different shops and every one of them sold their guns HIGHER than NIB price. Not only that but you never know what exactly you're buying. It could have 4k rounds through it. I saw a glock 26 that looked like it had been thrown down some concrete stairs and they were asking 499. I offered 325 and said 499 was the sale price, guns don't depriciate in value. I'm sorry but guns that look like they were sent back from Iraq do!

i would rather borrow from a mob boss
it would be easier to have your legs broken if you dont pay back the amount you borrowed than get raped by these two pawn shops

Nicely put! I never did understand why pawns charge more for a used piece then a new one. And how they felt right offering and paying so low for stuff then marking it up beyond belief! Sheesh...

Okay, I don't hate pawn shops. Hell, I even watch one on TV! Times are rough, and they can sometimes be be a temporary, albeit expensive, solution in an emergency. Luckily, I've never had to scrape like that.

I have no gun experience (or any other) at A Cut Above, but they do something else that really turns me off. As a buyer/seller/trader of guitars, I peruse Craigslist a lot. More than a few times, I've phoned what appeared to be a private seller only to finally figure out (5-6 very deliberate questions into the conversation) that it's that damn pawnshop again. The fact that they answer the phone with "hello," instead of a standard business greeting (like the name of the shop), and then offer evasive answers, tells me they want people like me to think they're a private party selling something on CL, at least long enough to set the hook.

Maybe, just maybe, the actual owner of the guitar happens to work there, too. But I doubt it. Just to be fair, I went and looked once. The telling part to me was when the 13 year old with me asked why everything looked so "beat up and junky, with brand new prices." A cut below in my humble opinion.

But it's good to know they do transfers for $20. Maybe I will stop by again if I need papers. Thanks for the tip!

Last Edited:
I had two guns shipped to A Cut Above Pawn. I went in on 2/4 to get the copy of their FFL in the payment for the two. One came in yesterday (Tuesday, 2/12) and one is due in tomorrow (Thurs 2/14). I got called yesterday to tell me my package had arrived. I called them back to let them know I would be in on Saturday to pick it up since the other was due in on Thursday.

So I get this call from them today and the guy who called said that they were going to need to open my package since it had been there since January 30th. There is no way as the gun didn't even get shipped until the Friday, the 8th of Feb. So, after thinking about it, I am wondering if they are trying to screw me out of the gun (it is rather unique) and claim that I abandoned it when I clearly didn't. I am going to go there tomorrow to get both (I hope) and if the one that came in Tuesday isn't there, I am going to be calling my attorney. I went back and forth with that guy telling him there is no way that the dates he was quoting me was correct. But he kept saying it was. So, I'm a little concerned at this point.

I had two guns shipped to A Cut Above Pawn. I went in on 2/4 to get the copy of their FFL in the payment for the two. One came in yesterday (Tuesday, 2/12) and one is due in tomorrow (Thurs 2/14). I got called yesterday to tell me my package had arrived. I called them back to let them know I would be in on Saturday to pick it up since the other was due in on Thursday.

So I get this call from them today and the guy who called said that they were going to need to open my package since it had been there since January 30th. There is no way as the gun didn't even get shipped until the Friday, the 8th of Feb. So, after thinking about it, I am wondering if they are trying to screw me out of the gun (it is rather unique) and claim that I abandoned it when I clearly didn't. I am going to go there tomorrow to get both (I hope) and if the one that came in Tuesday isn't there, I am going to be calling my attorney. I went back and forth with that guy telling him there is no way that the dates he was quoting me was correct. But he kept saying it was. So, I'm a little concerned at this point.

Did you pay for items already?

I've done more transfers through A Cut Above Pawn than i can count on both hands. Never had an issue like you described above including some transfers that i've left there for 10 days or better due to my work travel schedule. Maybe you could give them a copy of your tracking number or a screenshot of it to show delivery was actually when you said it was?

-AO

Did you pay for items already?
Yes, they came from private individuals. And, I am hoping that nothing is amiss. It just was strange that the package came in 2 days ago and they are claiming it has been there over 2 weeks.
Maybe you could give them a copy of your tracking number or a screenshot of it to show delivery was actually when you said it was?
Yeah, I will have a copy with me. Anyway, I did tell them that I would be there tomorrow. So hopefully there is nothing going on and all will be well. I just had thoughts pop in to my mind after an incident that my brother in law had with a pawn shop recently (not ACAP). He had pawned some firearms and was continuing to pay on them and when he went in to put down the next payment, they told him they had sold them. Not good. He could probably could try suing but it most likely wouldn't yield much, if anything. I do have a lawyer (we use prepaid legal) so I can have them make contact if it becomes necessary. It probably won't be. I'm probably reading too much into it. But we'll find out tomorrow.

Yes, they came from private individuals. And, I am hoping that nothing is amiss. It just was strange that the package came in 2 days ago and they are claiming it has been there over 2 weeks.

So on that note they have no fng business opening your box.I would definately raise a stink if they do open it .

So what happened ?
All was well. I got both guns and, as it turned out, there was another package from someone in the same state to another person with the same last name and initial of the first name. So they assumed it was me.

So, I have to say that, other than a long wait (which wasn't their fault as there were 83 people ahead of me on the background check website), they were great to work with and I saved $10 by picking up both guns together (a single background check). So, I'd say they did good. It was my first timer nerves having never bought from a private person out of state and never having dealt with ACAP before.

So on that note they have no fng business opening your box.I would definately raise a stink if they do open it .

As the FFL, why shouldn't they open the box? It was most likely addressed to them and it most likely didn't have the buyer's name on the outside. Also, how are they supposed to log the firearm in their book without actually inspecting it for the serial number?

As the FFL, why shouldn't they open the box? It was most likely addressed to them and it most likely didn't have the buyer's name on the outside. Also, how are they supposed to log the firearm in their book without actually inspecting it for the serial number?

A FFL I've used(private individual working out of his home)always unpacks the boxes
before I arrive to pick up-he's an upstanding guy so I have no problem with him doing this.

My understanding is that the FFL needs to log all firearms into their bound book in like 48 hours, right? They legally NEED to open all firearms that come into their store.

I really didn't have a problem so much with them opening the packages. What I did have a problem with was the insistence that the package came in on January 30th but the first time I even visited them was on Monday, Feb 4th. And that was to get a copy of their FFL to send and to notify them that I would be receiving the two packages. It SEEMED at the time that they were trying to perhaps claim abandonment or something, which I now know is not true. I had never dealt with them before and so it is hard to trust someone you don't know and it was my Rhino which was quite unique and not easy to get. That is what sparked my nervousness. I was reading too much into it.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.