JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking a a local gun store and they had a pretty nice (looking, anyway) Dan Wesson Patriot(?) for $650. Not being familiar with Dan Wessons I decided to do a little research. What's the deal with the CZ and Pre-CZ models? Who made them before CZ? Are there major differences? Is one better than the other? Anything I should look for or avoid in one of these used?
Thanks for the help.

CZ bought out Dan Wesson, but its still the same shop making the guns. Before that, it was just its own company. There isn't too much difference between the guns made before CZ took over, or after, although I have heard of some poor quality runs in the past, it more or less depends on who was in charge of the company at the time. And as far as I've seen, the guns made since CZ took over, have been flawless. (but the price keeps going skyward)

I've never held a Dan Wesson that I didn't like. I carry the CBOB in 10mm. The most comfortable 1911 that I ever held. As I understand since CZ joined up with DW the tolerance is like two thousands. Mine is more accurate than I am. The first magazine fired at ten yards gave me a one jagged hole group, damn. It has the quality of guns twice as expensive. Ed Brown parts.........what more can I say?
Dan

cbob has been my daily carry for 2 1/2 years, I love the thing...

I believe ( grain of salt ) that the "Patriot" guns are what DW used to call "Patriot proofed" and they have a 1 1/2" at 50 ft guarantee

My model 15 .357 revolver is one of the most accurate handguns I own. It's very sturdy.
I have a CBOB, a Patriot and a Razorback. They are all reliable and accurate. The older 1911's may have some MIM parts and cast frames but are still very tight and accurate, way above the average production pistol. The 2010 model 1911's have forged frames and tools steel ignition parts. DW is moving up a notch in the market to give the high end competitors some competition.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top