JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Atf doesn't answer the phone so maybe someone could help me out please.

As far as I can tell, my C&R is useless in Oregon, superceded by the bgc law. Or can I still purchase a qualified firearm and have it shipped to my home without a bgc?

Second, if it's useless and I don't renew, do I just not send in the renewal form or...?

Thanks folks.

You can use it to buy a C&R firearm while visiting another state if the laws in that state allow private sales without a background check. Some gun dealers in other states might waive the background check when buying a C&R firearm in person if you have a valid C&R. Some online retailers like Brownells give discounts on all products to C&R licensees.

You can use it to buy a C&R firearm while visiting another state if the laws in that state allow private sales without a background check. Some gun dealers in other states might waive the background check when buying a C&R firearm in person if you have a valid C&R. Some online retailers like Brownells give discounts on all products to C&R licensees.
A C&R approved firearm sale is not a private sale but a sale to a federally licensed collector and does not require a background check under federal law. Some states do not honor it under state law but it is no private sale.

If FFL03 (C&R) is not honored in Oregon, what are the procedures in terms of:

- background check yes/no?

- immediate realize or hold time?

- will the FFL01 or private individual entity be able to sell to an out so state FFL03 or must a firearm be shipped to the buyer's out of state FFL01 in all cases?

Thanks

Last Edited:
A C&R approved firearm sale is not a private sale but a sale to a federally licensed collector and does not require a background check under federal law. Some states do not honor it under state law but it is no private sale.

Oregon made it law that you still need a background check. Since you cant do one yourself it makes the C&R useless in Oregon unless you go to another state and buy it and bring it back with you.

Everyone should remember that Prozanski did this on purpose to hurt gun owners.

I can try and find the copy of the email I got from the legislative counsel on this if you need confirmation.

"Private sale" was shorthand for buying from someone who is not a licensed dealer. Next time I'll say "purchasing from an unlicensed person" even though it takes longer to type. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top