JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1. Do Trackers need permission from the owner of the site to track us?

I use Ghostery, and a new one popped up this AM.

2. Moderators used to be listed when they were active. They don't seem to be listed, or there are very few of them active.
Am I correct on that?

BECAUSE;
When I have a question, I really do not know where to go, other than Joe, and I THINK he has enough to do.........

3. I'm not a computer GEEK, and it seems this site is getting a little harder to use with all the changes/deletions/additions.
I understand change to upgrade, but I don't agree every change is an upgrade.
:s0092::s0090::s0107::s0107::s0107:

I can't help with your first question, but can with the 2nd.
On the right side of my screen, below the advertisements is the section that shows members online. Right below that shows mods online.

Orygun, mine does not list them anywhere but is probably due to me being a cheap skate & not donating (cant afford it now or I would).

Ghostery lists always lists trackers on my screen, as soon as I come onto any site I check and block them ASAP!!!

Also the help button splained some stuff for me....:D

Last Edited:
I can't help with your first question, but can with the 2nd.
On the right side of my screen, below the advertisements is the section that shows members online. Right below that shows mods online.

Ya, I see that "staff on line now".
So, if the thread I am looking at does not have that box, there is no staff on line looking at that thread?
How do I find a staff person in those instances?

I always try to get to these questions as soon as possible, when I see them :)

1. The trackers are used by the ad networks and services, primarily Google. I personally do not like the idea of them, but we can't afford the software or third party service to sell and serve the ads ourselves. I've looked into this quite extensively, and it's still still on 'my list', just not possible at this time. Even if we did eliminate the trackers, they're still in use by the vast majority of websites. My recommendation, for those who don't want to be tracked for ad purposes, is to do as you did and block them. It should be noted that this doesn't begin to scratch the surface of hiding your identity on the internet, and if that's the goal I recommend researching how to do that.

2. You should see the 'Staff Online Now' box on every page, under the ads to the right. If you're seeing it on some pages and not others, please let me know. Note that this only shows that moderators have been active within a certain time period (likely within the past hour). It does not indicate what they're doing, which thread their reading, etc. The best way to contact our mod staff is via the report button, since it sends a notice to all of us.

3. I agree that not all changes are upgrades. Some of the stuff we do is trial and error, as it's the only way to figure out what works best. Hopefully we make the right decisions on which to keep! :)

I always try to get to these questions as soon as possible, when I see them :)

1. The trackers ..... It should be noted that this doesn't begin to scratch the surface of hiding your identity on the internet,

2. You should see the 'Staff Online Now' box on every page, under the ads to the right. If you're seeing it on some pages and not others, please let me know. Note that this only shows that moderators have been active within a certain time period (likely within the past hour). It does not indicate what they're doing, which thread their reading, etc. The best way to contact our mod staff is via the report button, since it sends a notice to all of us.

3. I agree that not all changes are upgrades. Some of the stuff we do is trial and error, as it's the only way to figure out what works best. Hopefully we make the right decisions on which to keep! :)

1. What does blocking trackers actually do for me???:confused:
2. Are there times when there are NO staff on line???
o_O

3.:)
:):):):):)

1. Blocking trackers prevents ad networks from showing you ads relevant to your interests. Instead of showing an ad for Springfield Armory, you might see an ad for fabric softener. Doing this increases their ad sales, since you're more likely to click on an ad and make a purchase if it's something you're interested in.

2. Yep, though it's pretty rare. If that's the case, I don't believe the box would be displayed.

This site runs reeeal smooth for me. I switched to Google Chrome, Ghostery and Ad Block quite some time ago because ifish was becoming IMPOSSIBLE to use! AND, Explorer sucs! I also have the lamest internet service Comcast provides, so......

Signed:

Computer Stoopid

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top