JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great job on listening to your gut and your situational awareness.
I would recommend making the Hillsboro PD aware, somebody make not be as prepared as you.

There is so much crime in Hillsboro they would be lost in the masses. I just posted int he store three more BOLO pictures on subjects and vehicles on crimes west of Hillsboro from last week.

Their parking lot at 10th and Baseline would make a good meet up location, not a good place to wave an AR around however.

Great job on listening to your gut and your situational awareness.
I would recommend making the Hillsboro PD aware, somebody make not be as prepared as you.

I did just that Sir, I called up the Washington County deputies that patrol our neighborhood zone and gave them a run down with plate number. I had a couple pictures I emailed to them too. ;)

When I got out of the Marine Corps and started looking for a job / going to school I realized that 4 years in the Marine Corps Infantry / Security forces, didn't give me a lot of technical skills that most employers were looking for. I remember thinking , what can I tell them on an application? I can shoot well, I can secure objectives, fortify positions, I can stop a sucking chest wound ? What employer wants a trigger puller listed on the resume lol o_O The skills I learned that no one can really pay me for, have turned out to be some of the most valuable.

The worst problem I've had with an Armslist sale was that I think the buyer was gay, because he wanted to give me a big hug after the sale.

The worst problem I've had with an Armslist sale was that I think the buyer was gay, because he wanted to give me a big hug after the sale.

Come onnnnnnn

Who wouldn't want a hug from a long bearded man? (Referring to myself)

When I got out of the Marine Corps and started looking for a job / going to school I realized that 4 years in the Marine Corps Infantry / Security forces, didn't give me a lot of technical skills that most employers were looking for. I remember thinking , what can I tell them on an application? I can shoot well, I can secure objectives, fortify positions, I can stop a sucking chest wound ? What employer wants a trigger puller listed on the resume lol o_O The skills I learned that no one can really pay me for, have turned out to be some of the most valuable.

Your Marine Corps training gave you the skills and attitude to be a good person and employee no matter what your career path was. One of my sons is now a paramedic and his combat experience war far above his urban training. One of my other sons interviewed with a large local high tech, and 2 of the interviewers were Corps as well, and he was hired to a 100 K job that has nothing to do with his Marine Corps MOS.

That local SO agency likes hiring Marines, because all they have to do is teach them to be cops, and not worry about their firearms and other offensive and defensive skills.

Thank you for your service.

Your Marine Corps training gave you the skills and attitude to be a good person and employee no matter what your career path was. One of my sons is now a paramedic and his combat experience war far above his urban training. One of my other sons interviewed with a large local high tech, and 2 of the interviewers were Corps as well, and he was hired to a 100 K job that has nothing to do with his Marine Corps MOS.

That local SO agency likes hiring Marines, because all they have to do is teach them to be cops, and not worry about their firearms and other offensive and defensive skills.

Thank you for your service.

No thanks necessary Sir, I enjoyed 80% of what I got to do and 50% of what I had to do. All in all I wouldn't trade it. I found much of what you said was true when I started with my current department. Now as a manager I find that when we hire new staff, its the marines, soldiers, air force and navy men and women who routinely make it off trial service and are relatively free from drama, problems or need of extra training. Ive been accused a time or two for showing favoritism for hiring veterans, but at the end of the day the proof speaks for itself. They preform, they can be counted on and they do the job well in most cases.

IheartSig; Thanks for sharing your story. A lot of members have shared likewise stories. It's a lesson for all of us to be on the defensive. Thank ~ You.

No problem Sir, if one person is prevented from being put in that position or even takes a minute to survey their surroundings because of it, its worth it. To be honest, in retrospect, I should not have even have gone to check it out. The smart move would have been to steer clear of it all together.

I shared because the majority of this group seems to be good people, good people seem to be a dwindling commodity these days. I don't want to see someone on the news because of these ....zombies... that walk amongst us.

I'm not one to call the police... However, I think I may have done so in that situation. You were smart and prepared, Id hate to see what the worst case would have been otherwise.

It must be very interesting to watch your own ambush being set up! Glad you had your feelers out, good work!

BTW I always try very hard to be first one on the scene!;)

Yeah, it might have been really interesting to see what they would have done had the buyer showed up with a cop car at his back to supervise the deal.

When the deal first started getting shakey and you questioned it, you could have called the Sheriff, and there are plenty of detectives who would have became "you" and reversed the sting on them. With 3 or 4 others hidden better than the criminals would have been, and some of them dressing and looking like the homeboys themselves.

Wow. What a story. Appreciate the heads up. I've only had a few sales/purchase experiences and they've been through NWFA and excellent......so far, knock on wood.

I love Sig's. Curious what Sig are (were) you selling for $1200? That seems low for an X-5 and a tad high for a Supermatch.

I never meet at my house, Always at the store parking lot not far from my house.
Maybe from now on some of you NWFA members in Portland should roll in pairs...
I am also always early, packing heat and never let my guard down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top