JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been involved in several online "forums" (though I get this group really doesn't think of itself that way) and I've always found the introduction post awkward.

I don't like to talk much about myself. I share facts about me freely with folks I know and trust and--no offense--this is my first post.

Yes, I run with a pseudonym but it is linked to what I do for a living.

I got into gun ownership because I'm intrigued by WWII history.

Right now I have a small collection of WWII firearms. It was bigger, but a bubble house threatened to lead my family into bankruptcy so I parted with some fine weapons to build a legal fund. The collection includes a k98 with all cartouche fully intact. I'm still debating what to do about this firearm as it's not as much fun to shoot as some of the others. I guess I don't part with it because when I hold it, I get a sense of what it must have been like to use it in the field.

My wife followed me into shooting, though she doesn't handle the rifles. We joined a local range and don't get there as often as I'd like.

I'm not offended by rhetoric--everyone has their opinion and that's fine. I am used to being the most liberal guy in the room so I tend to keep to myself. Reading the ROE here that seems to fit.

In addition to firearms, I'm interested in martial arts. Currently I'm studying Aikido. It's the most amazing art I've studied to date, and probably the last I'll devote myself to. If you have any inclination I highly recommend it.

Finally, I'd like to thank our host for giving us the opportunity to gather and share in something that is truly American: the privilege to own and enjoy firearms.

I've been involved in several online "forums" (though I get this group really doesn't think of itself that way) and I've always found the introduction post awkward.

I don't like to talk much about myself. I share facts about me freely with folks I know and trust and--no offense--this is my first post.

Right now I have a small collection of WWII firearms. It was bigger, but a bubble house threatened to lead my family into bankruptcy so I parted with some fine weapons to build a legal fund. The collection includes a k98 with all cartouche fully intact. I'm still debating what to do about this firearm as it's not as much fun to shoot as some of the others. I guess I don't part with it because when I hold it, I get a sense of what it must have been like to use it in the field.

My wife followed me into shooting, though she doesn't handle the rifles. We joined a local range and don't get there as often as I'd like.

I'm not offended by rhetoric--everyone has their opinion and that's fine. I am used to being the most liberal guy in the room so I tend to keep to myself. Reading the ROE here that seems to fit.

In addition to firearms, I'm interested in martial arts. Currently I'm studying Aikido. It's the most amazing art I've studied to date, and probably the last I'll devote myself to. If you have any inclination I highly recommend it.

Finally, I'd like to thank our host for giving us the opportunity to gather and share in something that is truly American: the privilege to own and enjoy firearms.
New to but Welcome.

Hmmmm you don't like to talk about yourself much well you are not going to fit in with this group LOL JUST KIDDING WELCOME

....w....wa.....wait now......posting while pants wearing rules have changed???

Years ago, I started a new job. The Director at the time had a rule that guys couldn't wear shorts to work (even though we have no face to face contact with customers).

Not my actual job, and with no training whatsoever (it was a Federal gig), I was immediately thrown into answering a non-stop stream of incoming phone calls for 2-3 hours every day.

"Good morning, this is [teflon97239], how can I help you? By the way, I know you can't see me, but you should know that I'm not wearing shorts."

"Hello... Hello...?"

Last Edited:
So based on your user name I'm assuming you work with Dry Cleaning Right ?! Well no matter if its Dry Cleaning or the DSM-IV welcome to the forum!

WWII History is just one of the neatest isn't it ? If you are interested in the Eastern front at all I'd suggest checking out "Soviet Storm: World War 2 in the East" its a Russian produced documentary series that is on Amazon prime (for free if you have prime no less). Watch Soviet Storm: World War II in the East Season 1 Episode - Amazon Video is a direct link to it if anyone is interested.

Even though most of the users here are fairly conservative I think there are a few of us who hold some fairly liberal views so don't feel like you are totally alone!

So based on your user name I'm assuming you work with Dry Cleaning Right ?! Well no matter if its Dry Cleaning or the DSM-IV welcome to the forum!

WWII History is just one of the neatest isn't it ? If you are interested in the Eastern front at all I'd suggest checking out "Soviet Storm: World War 2 in the East" its a Russian produced documentary series that is on Amazon prime (for free if you have prime no less). Watch Soviet Storm: World War II in the East Season 1 Episode - Amazon Video is a direct link to it if anyone is interested.

Even though most of the users here are fairly conservative I think there are a few of us who hold some fairly liberal views so don't feel like you are totally alone!

Similar thought on DSM-IV....

Welcome,
Not wearing pants while your on the internet is acceptable I understand. But don't wear any at the local gun range and I'm the bad guy:rolleyes:, Some people can be so judgmental.

Again welcome oh pant-less enthusiast !

( this thread officially got weird, your welcome ):s0004:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top