1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

A better look at my S&W m649 (refinished)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 30, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I bought a better camera the other night, so now I can get a little bit better video of the S&W m649 that I refinished. You can get a better idea of how it came out. Here is a pic of some of the damage when I started on it. You can see in the video that the nicks are all gone. This will really give you and idea of how easily stainless guns can be polished up to look new again. :)

PS: Make sure to click on the "watch in high quality" link to the lower right of the video.

Click here to view the video

2. Otis

Otis Vancouver, WA Member

I really like that gun. You did a good job on refinishing it.

I have been throwing around the idea of getting one of these. It is such a simple and practical design. You have the single action if you want and double when not needed, all the while keeping the hang up points down. I like it and will take your recommendations to heart.

Thanks for the vid.

3. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Nice job on a very nice model, like to find a good one myself. Oh, and pretty nice video too. :cam:
  4. Zhivago

Zhivago Everett, WA Member

How did you go about the refinishing process?