JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, just had a quick question concerning the confusing topic of 922r compliance. I have a Norinco sks, that I bought from a gun store, in original configuration with spike bayonet and all. Now I want to run it with the Tapco 20 round magazines, but keep it in the original stock. I have a Tapco gas tube and handguard, as well as the Tapco gas piston, and I was just wondering if those parts are all that I need to bring it into compliance, since as far as I know the Chinese sks's only have to have four imported parts replaced with US made parts. Am I right on this, or way off?

I'm new to these forums, so thank you for your time!

Awesome thanks a lot! And another thing, since it came with the bayonet lug and bayonet, if I change out those imported parts, can I legally have the bayo attached while in this configuration?

Thanks!

Some more info on 922r for the SKS

"Survivors" SKS FAQ

Looks like ATF lists 14 parts on the SKS and you need 10 or less imported parts, it doesn't list the gas tube as countable part but you US tapco mag will count as 2, with the piston and handguard you should be fine.

You should still be good with the Bayo and lug.

Awesome, thanks for the replies. I have the tapco t6 stock, but i got kinda tired of that, and I really like the look and feel of the wood, especially with the higher capacity mags.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top