Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A-5 value?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Izzy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

I have a 1956 Belgium Browning & I'm considering selling it, but I have NO idea what it's worth.

The sad news is someone (NOT ME) cut the barrel on this piece of history, It is now 18 1/2"
    Who ever did this travesty did a good job, But I think they still need a good beating.:bluelaugh:

It is chambered for 2 3/4"

DSCF1233.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

DSCF1239.jpg

2. Gaust

Gaust Portland Member

Last year I picked up a Remington Model 11 from 1909 that had been cut down to 18.5". I agree with you about modifying a classic, I have an A-5 from my grandfather. I purchased this gun to modify it into a tatical semi auto shotgun. I'm almost done and really enjoy shooting it. Just an idea of what you could do with it..

3. sheepman

sheepman Las Vegas NV Member

The stock and rest of gun appears to be in nice condition, but a replacement barrel is not cheap. The best way to find the value is to list it on an auction. I payed a 120.00 for one in rough condition but with all original parts so it just depends. If you need a HD gun it is probably worth more to you than you can sell it for. JMHO good luck : Bill :)