JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about picking up a cheap 9x25 Dillon barrel to run in my Glock 21. I don't want to pay the high price for Dillon dies and have read about others using 10mm and 357 Sig dies to form 9x25 Dillon cases from fresh 10mm brass. Has anybody here tried forming and loading 10mm cases into 9x25 Dillon cases without using 9x25 dies? If you have and had success which dies did you use and what was your process?

Pretty sure you'll need a G20 or another flavor of Glock 10mm for the host.
That would be ideal but I am willing to live with a very small side to side gap and potential extraction issues to avoid spending another few hundred on a 10mm slide. I might pick up a 10mm slide one day when prices come down.

CH4D makes the die sets ($130)
Call to order.
Doubt that they are on the shelf, more likely made to order.

Agree that a G20 would be a much better host for this project.
Trade off the G21 ?

CH4D makes the die sets ($130)
Call to order.
Doubt that they are on the shelf, more likely made to order.

Agree that a G20 would be a much better host for this project.
Trade off the G21 ?
Thanks for CH4D suggestion. I am going to stick with G21 for now. I would have a much harder time running 45cal cartridges in a G20 than I would running smaller diameter cartridges in the G21 slide:)

Maybe one of these days, I will find a deal on a G20 slide.

Thanks for CH4D suggestion. I am going to stick with G21 for now. I would have a much harder time running 45cal cartridges in a G20 than I would running smaller diameter cartridges in the G21 slide:)

Maybe one of these days, I will find a deal on a G20 slide.
G20 OEM slides are unobtanium. Easier to find the complete pistol.
Sometimes LWD has some if you are OK with aftermarket.

G20 OEM slides are unobtanium. Easier to find the complete pistol.
Sometimes LWD has some if you are OK with aftermarket.
I looked at some aftermarket "G20" slides and by the time I add a completion kit it (minus barrel), It will run close to $300. I will keep an eye out for deals. For now I am looking at whether I can successfully form and load 9x25 cartridges with dies and brass I already have on hand (fresh Starline 10mm brass and Lee 10mm and Lee 357 sig dies). That would leave only a barrel purchase to make which is around $140.

That would be ideal but I am willing to live with a very small side to side gap and potential extraction issues to avoid spending another few hundred on a 10mm slide. I might pick up a 10mm slide one day when prices come down.
If you're gonna do it, do it right.

That isn't the only difference. G20 slides are heavier than G21slides to slow down the slide velocity.

Also, .357 Sig has a very different neck length and shoulder angle than 9x25. But lots of things that shouldn't work, do.

That isn't the only difference. G20 slides are heavier than G21slides to slow down the slide velocity.

Also, .357 Sig has a very different neck length and shoulder angle than 9x25. But lots of things that shouldn't work, do.
I will have to look into the slide weight issue. Any idea on how much weight difference there is?

177913-1.jpg

You'd better get a new recoil spring to go with that barrel. 9x25 Dillon has a lot of pop. And yes, you'd be wiser to to do this with a G-20.

You'd better get a new recoil spring to go with that barrel. 9x25 Dillon has a lot of pop. And yes, you'd be wiser to to do this with a G-20.
I will get some heavy springs and a good guide rod. I have an idea that will allow me to adjust weight of slide as well. I plan to try some 45 Super loads too.

The problem appears to be the shape of the shoulder. A .357SIG die isn't going to form the correct shoulder for a 9X25 chamber. It may fireform but you'll be working the brass really hard to reload it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top