JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ninth Circuit panel issues stunning Second Amendment ruling

A U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel today ruled that "the right to purchase and sell firearms is part and parcel of the historically recognized right to keep and bear arms," an opinion almost certain to make gun prohibitionists shudder.

<broken link removed>

Wait... Wait....

Pinch me....

Slap me awake....

I had a dream that we actually have the right to buy, sell and trade arms as part of the Second Amendment...

And the 9th Circus Court upheld that...

Seems like the ole Devil himself might need an overcoat... Perhaps he!l is freezing over...

Hmmm...I wonder if the 2A reference of this ruling could be used as a wooden stake driven into the heart of SB941... ie infringing on the right to buy and sell (as having 2A protection)

Although, since the SCOTUS is about to be tipped as far left as the Ninth Circus, this is all probably a moot point.

Last Edited:
Hmmm...I wonder if the 2A reference of this ruling could be used as a wooden stake driven into the heart of SB941... ie infringing on the right to buy and sell (as having 2A protection)

Although, since the SCOTUS is about to be tipped as far left as the Ninth Circus, this is all probably a moot point.

I was thinking the same thing. What does this ruling that the 2A extends to purchasing do to background checks? Could the overzealous CA liberals have just shot themselves in the foot? They pushed even the 9th Circuit too far and forced a ruling affirming that purchasing is a right. Now all those background checks they love so much are infringing on that aspect of the right, right?

That was my thought. But since 'Bama hasn't notified me yet that I'm on the SCOTUS short list...oh well. o_O

" Now all those background checks they love so much are infringing on that aspect of the right, right? "

If that were found to be the case, their next strategy might be to expand the list of "conditions" that would disqualify a person from being able to possess a firearm. Did you play nice the last time you were in your doctor's office ?

Last Edited:
Ninth Circuit panel issues stunning Second Amendment ruling

A U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel today ruled that "the right to purchase and sell firearms is part and parcel of the historically recognized right to keep and bear arms," an opinion almost certain to make gun prohibitionists shudder.

<broken link removed>
From the ruling:

"Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm'r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) (special tax on newspaper ink violates First Amendment). The principle applies just as much to the Second Amendment."

Why would the Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm'r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) decision NOT apply to the Seattle ammunition tax (or such a tax anywhere else)? Why aren't any of our 2nd Amendment groups filing suit under this decision?

From the ruling:

"Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm'r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) (special tax on newspaper ink violates First Amendment). The principle applies just as much to the Second Amendment."

Why would the Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm'r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) decision NOT apply to the Seattle ammunition tax (or such a tax anywhere else)? Why aren't any of our 2nd Amendment groups filing suit under this decision?

They are working on it. SAF, NRA and NSSF are all in on the same lawsuit that is currently in progress. The Seattle judge dismissed the suit and they are working on the appeal.

http://q13fox.com/2015/12/22/king-c...-law-to-impose-special-tax-on-gun-ammo-sales/

I would love to see SB941 overturned by this, but I suspect that they'll say that you can buy and sell all you want, as long as you get a BG check, and that those don't KEEP you from buying or selling (unless you're a prohibited person), rather BG checks are just part of the process for buying and selling.

They are working on it. SAF, NRA and NSSF are all in on the same lawsuit that is currently in progress. The Seattle judge dismissed the suit and they are working on the appeal.

King County judge upholds Seattle's new tax on gun, ammo sales; opponents vow appeal (http://q13fox.com/2015/12/22/king-county-judge-upholds-seattles-new-law-to-impose-special-tax-on-gun-ammo-sales/)

In this article Mayor Murray is quoted as saying "Guns now kill more people in the United States than automobiles."[snip] This is demonstrably false looking at all the most current data presented by the FBI and the CDC... unless I've missed something?

In this article Mayor Murray is quoted as saying "Guns now kill more people in the United States than automobiles."[snip] This is demonstrably false looking at all the most current data presented by the FBI and the CDC... unless I've missed something?
Standard tactic with the leftist liar is to repeat a lie, or a term over and over and through this repetition, those who do not think beyond sound bites or make decisions beyond their feelings will parrot the lie which then becomes their truth.

If you pay attention to Trump, he is using this tactic against the left now through repetition...'crooked Hillary' for example. The exception is Trump is using the truth against the opposition as opposed to the leftist liberal using lies in the hopes the sheep accept them as truth without question.

I would love to see SB941 overturned by this, but I suspect that they'll say that you can buy and sell all you want, as long as you get a BG check, and that those don't KEEP you from buying or selling (unless you're a prohibited person), rather BG checks are just part of the process for buying and selling.
exactally...... nothing will change here, with the exception of MORE gun control laws this year again

the positive I see here is it strengthens our potential next battle with Clinton's refusal to acknowledge the 2nd includes US citizens

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top