Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9th Circuit issues 2A gun sales ruling

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by Dave Workman, May 16, 2016.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Foreverlost

Foreverlost South of LesbianVille, OR. Active Member

:D...........Outstanding...............:D

Foreverlost,

Sgt Nambu and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Wait... Wait....

Pinch me....

Slap me awake....

I had a dream that we actually have the right to buy, sell and trade arms as part of the Second Amendment...

And the 9th Circus Court upheld that...

Seems like the ole Devil himself might need an overcoat... Perhaps he!l is freezing over...

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

YOUR KIDDING the 9th ruled in our favor??? Course they are the most overturned court in the land so this most likely isn't over yet LOL

Slobray, Dyjital, Sgt Nambu and 3 others like this.
  5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

9th as in ninth? @Dave Workman have you been getting too much second hand wacky tobaccee smoke up there in Washington? There HAS to be a catch....

Caveman Jim and Stomper like this.
  6. USMC-03

USMC-03 Moscow on the Willamette (i.e. Portland, Oregon) Well-Known Member

Well, even a stopped clock is right twice each day...

Dyjital and clearconscience like this.
  7. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I wonder if the 2A reference of this ruling could be used as a wooden stake driven into the heart of SB941... ie infringing on the right to buy and sell (as having 2A protection)

Although, since the SCOTUS is about to be tipped as far left as the Ninth Circus, this is all probably a moot point.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Slobray and Dyjital like this.
  8. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. What does this ruling that the 2A extends to purchasing do to background checks? Could the overzealous CA liberals have just shot themselves in the foot? They pushed even the 9th Circuit too far and forced a ruling affirming that purchasing is a right. Now all those background checks they love so much are infringing on that aspect of the right, right?

9. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

That was my thought. But since 'Bama hasn't notified me yet that I'm on the SCOTUS short list...oh well. o_O

" Now all those background checks they love so much are infringing on that aspect of the right, right? "

If that were found to be the case, their next strategy might be to expand the list of "conditions" that would disqualify a person from being able to possess a firearm. Did you play nice the last time you were in your doctor's office ?

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Dyjital and BigStick like this.
  10. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

From the ruling:

"Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm’r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) (special tax on newspaper ink violates First Amendment). The principle applies just as much to the Second Amendment."

Why would the Minneapolis Star & Tribune Co. v. Minn. Comm’r of Revenue (U.S. 1983) decision NOT apply to the Seattle ammunition tax (or such a tax anywhere else)? Why aren't any of our 2nd Amendment groups filing suit under this decision?

Slobray likes this.
  11. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

They are working on it. SAF, NRA and NSSF are all in on the same lawsuit that is currently in progress. The Seattle judge dismissed the suit and they are working on the appeal.

http://q13fox.com/2015/12/22/king-c...-law-to-impose-special-tax-on-gun-ammo-sales/

12. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

That's good to know. I hope the 9th Circuit or some lower appeals court reverses the lower court decision. Seems like it's a slam dunk with this decision staring them in the face.

13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The ninth?
    Well even a blind, progressive, pig stumbles upon an acorn once in a while!

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  14. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

I would love to see SB941 overturned by this, but I suspect that they'll say that you can buy and sell all you want, as long as you get a BG check, and that those don't KEEP you from buying or selling (unless you're a prohibited person), rather BG checks are just part of the process for buying and selling.

15. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

P.S. We can always hope though. :) ... And vote.

16. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

What about about that extreme taxation of firearms and ammo in seattle?

That seems even more unjust and damning than any BS laws they want to pass

Dyjital likes this.
  17. Osarion

Osarion Snohomish County, WA Well-Known Member

In this article Mayor Murray is quoted as saying "Guns now kill more people in the United States than automobiles."[snip] This is demonstrably false looking at all the most current data presented by the FBI and the CDC... unless I've missed something?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Standard tactic with the leftist liar is to repeat a lie, or a term over and over and through this repetition, those who do not think beyond sound bites or make decisions beyond their feelings will parrot the lie which then becomes their truth.

If you pay attention to Trump, he is using this tactic against the left now through repetition...'crooked Hillary' for example. The exception is Trump is using the truth against the opposition as opposed to the leftist liberal using lies in the hopes the sheep accept them as truth without question.

Ura-Ki, ob1, nammac and 1 other person like this.
  19. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

exactally...... nothing will change here, with the exception of MORE gun control laws this year again

the positive I see here is it strengthens our potential next battle with Clinton's refusal to acknowledge the 2nd includes US citizens

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

when will the 'shall not be infringed' get it's day in court?

Slobray, Joe13, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.