Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB WA 9mm

Discussion in 'Ammunition Wanted' started by Dornai, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Dornai

Dornai Vancouver, WA Active Member

Looking for cheap bulk 9mm to use at the range.

PM me your price.

2. Camelfilter

Camelfilter Salem Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try a Bimart.

They just had a special for 115gr $11 / box of 50. I think there regular price is pretty reasonable ? $13 for 115gr or 124gr FMJ.

3. 70cyclone

70cyclone Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

nwarmory has 1000 rounds of blazer brass (115G FMJ) for $200 ($10 a box) right now.

Camelfilter likes this.
  4. Dornai

The reason I specifically want to buy off of this forum is because I still have another month until I am 21, and therefore I cannot purchase 9mm ammunition from a licensed dealer.

Although I own a G17, G19, Beretta 92FS, and a Sig P226. o_O

5. 70cyclone

70cyclone Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

patience young jedi :)
    otherwise good luck in your search, I personally don't buy ammo (or guns for that matter) that I don't intend to keep and use for myself and family

6. Dornai

As do most, however there are always people who are leaving 9mm behind or have a surplus and need the cash more. :)

7. Kraig Taylor

Kraig Taylor Collinsville, TX New Member

I have 339 rounds leftover for $75 if you want it.

8. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

lol.....and another $50.00 to ship hazardous material to Washington.......:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Dornai likes this.
  9. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be illegal for someone to sell you ammo then?
    Stacy

10. rdb241

Well quickly searching the RCW codes for Washington state, unless I missed it, does not have any documents for under 21 adults about buying ammunition. As far as possessing a firearm, under 21 cool. Under 18 not cool. If somebody knows a RCW code about this subject, please post it. I went to the state's web sight for all of the RCW codes and typed in "legal age to buy ammo" and no documents were found.

RCW 9.41.042
    Children—Permissible firearm possession.

*RCW 9.41.040(2)(a)(iii) shall not apply to any person under the age of eighteen years who is:
    (1) In attendance at a hunter's safety course or a firearms safety course;
    (2) Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located or any other area where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited;
    (3) Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm, or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group that uses firearms as a part of the performance;
    (4) Hunting or trapping under a valid license issued to the person under Title 77 RCW;
    (5) In an area where the discharge of a firearm is permitted, is not trespassing, and the person either: (a) Is at least fourteen years of age, has been issued a hunter safety certificate, and is using a lawful firearm other than a pistol; or (b) is under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other adult approved for the purpose by the parent or guardian;
    (6) Traveling with any unloaded firearm in the person's possession to or from any activity described in subsection (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section;
    (7) On real property under the control of his or her parent, other relative, or legal guardian and who has the permission of the parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm;
    (8) At his or her residence and who, with the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian, possesses a firearm for the purpose of exercising the rights specified in RCW 9A.16.020(3); or
    (9) Is a member of the armed forces of the United States, national guard, or organized reserves, when on duty.

RCW 9.41.240
    Possession of pistol by person from eighteen to twenty-one.

Unless an exception under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050, or 9.41.060 applies, a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:
    (1) In the person's place of abode;
    (2) At the person's fixed place of business; or
    (3) On real property under his or her control.

scrandall01215 likes this.
  11. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

Good catch I should search before I speak!! Did a quick look and found this ( look under Access to guns for youths 18-21yrs old) NOT ILLEGAL!
    Sorry!!!
    Stacy

Status of Washington state law regarding firearms in comparison with other states and select large cities – Updated as of September 2015 (http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/data/GunViolence/status.aspx)

12. rdb241

this is from your search..............

Ammunition: No age limit for purchase/use under WA law

Joe13 likes this.
  13. Dornai

No age limit in WA, under 21 FFL dealers cannot transfer "handgun" ammunition to me as I am 20. I have legally purchased handgun ammo many times on this forum. Same way I purchased my four handguns legally prior to the new law requiring an FFL dealer. :)

scrandall01215 and Joe13 like this.
  14. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yup, the 18-20 crowd got it twice as bad as everyone else when that law passed:(.

Dornai likes this.
  15. Dornai

Prior service Army in a combat MOS, but no. 21 is the magical age we become mature enough to handle small arms. Love politics. ;)

d2the3 and Joe13 like this.